Shaq show set to go on


Share with others:


Print Email Read Later

A news conference scheduled for tomorrow at the Steelers' UPMC training facility on the South Side to promote quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's reality television show competition with Shaquille O'Neal has been canceled, but the show will be taped as planned Friday.

The cancellation of the news conference came one day after news surfaced of a civil lawsuit that was filed July 17 in Nevada by a woman claiming Mr. Roethlisberger sexually assaulted her in 2008.

A spokesman for ABC said yesterday that the television show "Shaq Vs." will still be taped Friday at Ambridge's Moe Rubenstein Stadium and is to be shown on ABC-TV Aug. 18. Gates will open at 7 p.m. with taping to begin around 8:30 p.m., said Ambridge athletic director Randy Cosgrove. That is later than the schedule announced earlier this week. The event is open to the public, but attendance will be limited to about 7,500 people.

The show is part of a series in which NBA center O'Neal, who recently signed with the Cleveland Cavaliers, challenges celebrity athletes to competitions in their sports.



Advertisement
Latest NFL News
Advertisement
Advertisement

You have 2 remaining free articles this month

Try unlimited digital access

If you are an existing subscriber,
link your account for free access. Start here

You’ve reached the limit of free articles this month.

To continue unlimited reading

If you are an existing subscriber,
link your account for free access. Start here