There was a brief power delay Monday night during the Butler-North Allegheny baseball game.
Butler dealt with a lack of power all seven innings.
Ben Marsico and Tyler Saundry combined on a two-hitter as North Allegheny earned a 5-0 win at Class AAAA No. 2 Butler in Section 1.
North Allegheny (11-5, 7-1) moved into a first-place tie with Butler (10-3, 7-1), which had won seven games in a row, including a 2-1 victory April 9 at North Allegheny.
Marsico gave up one hit in four innings and Saundry allowed one in three innings.
Matt Muslin was the hitting star for the Tigers, driving in runs in the third and fifth. Mitch Machi and Ryan Hamm also had RBIs for the Tigers.
Other top baseball games
* Aaron Baird's RBI single in the first was the difference for host Penn Hills (5-8, 4-4), which edged Shaler (9-5, 5-3), 2-1, in Class AAAA Section 4.
* Jake Matschner struck out Dom Conte with two outs and the bases loaded in the seventh to help Class A Section 4 leader Cardinal Wuerl North Catholic (6-6, 6-1) hold on to defeat visiting Riverview (9-3, 4-3), 5-3.
Baseball top performer
* Tyler Smith fired a two-hitter with eight strikeouts and went 3 for 4 with two home runs and six RBIs in helping Class AAAA No. 3 Penn-Trafford (12-3, 6-3) defeat visiting Connellsville (7-9, 3-7), 12-0, in five innings in Section 1.
* Morgan Ryan pitched a three-hitter and had three RBIs to help Hempfield (9-5) roll to an 18-4, four-inning win at Class AAAA No. 5 Plum (11-3) in non-section play. Hempfield coach Bob Kalp won career game 302.
* Shady Side Academy's Chris Grubbs and Michael Kann were among four teams to advance to the finals of the WPIAL doubles tournament. Grubbs and Kann will play North Allegheny's Kevin Goth and Jared Isaacs in today's Class AAA final at Lakevue Racquet Club in Valencia.
* Fox Chapel basketball player Matt D'Amico, the all-time leading scorer in school history, will play next season at Clarion University.