Nurideen Lindsey scored 26 points to go along with five assists to lead Rider past Robert Morris, 79-54, Friday in Lawrenceville, N.J.
With the Broncs trailing 8-6 early, Lindsey sparked a 15-4 run, scoring nine points as Rider took the lead and never trailed again.
The Broncs led at halftime, 40-27.
Rider extended the lead with contributions from the other starters. Daniel Stewart and Anthony Myles scored 11 points each and Jonathan Thompson added 10. Junior Fortunat led the Broncs with nine rebounds.
Ahead 44-30, Rider used a 15-4 run with 10:25 to play to put the game away.
Robert Morris struggled from the field, shooting just 25.5 percent for the game. Karvel Anderson led the Colonials with 11 points.
• Penn State 65, Saint Francis 58: Tim Frazier scored 16 of his 23 points in the second half and host Penn State held on in its season opener. D.J. Newbill, a transfer from Southern Mississippi, added 16 points for the Nittany Lions.
• Youngstown State 64, Pitt 50: Sophomore Cora McManus had a career-high 16 points, but it was not enough for the Panthers in their season opener at Petersen Events Center. Senior Brandi Brown led Youngstown State with 16 points and 11 rebounds.
• Duquesne 63, Liberty 46: Belma Nurkic scored 15 points and April Robinson added 14 as the Dukes opened with a home victory against Liberty.
• Niagara 63, Robert Morris 59: Despite 30 points and 14 rebounds from standout Artemis Spanou, the Colonials dropped their season opener at the Sewell Center. Spanou was 8 of 18 from the field and made 13 of 18 free throws.
• West Virginia 76, UNC-Wilmington 47: The Mountaineers scored 45 points in the second half to cruise to an easy victory at home. Christal Caldwell led the Mountaineers with 21 points, and Ayana Dunning had 11 points and 10 rebounds.sportscollegedistrict