Conneaut Lake Park through the years

Share with others:


Print Email Read Later

Conneaut Lake Park timeline

1892: Exposition Park opens

1903: Hotel Conneaut opens

1908: Fire destroys the park's ballroom, bowling alley, many hotels and a portion of the midway

1909: Dreamland Ballroom opens, replacing original ballroom

1920: Park renamed Conneaut Lake Park

1936: Beach Club opens

1938: Blue Streak roller coaster opens

1943: Lightning strikes the Hotel Conneaut; more than half its rooms are destroyed

1945: Hotel Conneaut reopens after extensive renovations.

1946: Temple of Music destroyed by fire

1995: Park doesn't open after bankruptcy filing

1996: Investor Gary Harris purchases the park

1997: Operations of the park deeded over to a nonprofit trust

2007: After failing to secure funding, park officials announce that the park won't open for the season

2008: Fire destroys Dreamland Ballroom; filmmakers shoot scenes of the movie "The Road" at the park, including the remains of the bowling alley and Dreamland Ballroom; 20-year old Hartstown man is sentenced to three to 20 years and $1.7 million in restitution in the Dreamland Ballroom arson

2009: Park reopens

2013: Fire destroys Beach Club and Dockside banquet hall on Aug. 1

-- Research: Stephen Karlinchak, Post-Gazette

region


Advertisement

Create a free PG account.
Already have an account?
Advertisement