▪ St. Barnabas Health Center, 5850 Meridian Road, Richland, is holding an open house from 3 to 7 p.m. today for its new U Med Spa. For more information, call 724-443-7231.
▪ Excela Health Frick Hospital Volunteer Services is holding a Holiday Book Fair from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday in the first-floor conference rooms adjacent to the lobby of Excela Frick Hospital, Mount Pleasant Borough. Proceeds support the Junior Volunteer Scholarship Program. Call 724-689-0206.
▪ Excela Health, in conjunction with North Huntingdon EMS, is offering vaccines to people with diabetes during a mini health fair from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at Excela Square at Norwin, 8775 Norwin Ave., North Huntingdon. Included in the mini health fair are blood pressure checks, bone density screening, BMI and fall risk assessment. Registration is required. Call 1-877-771-1234.
▪ Allegheny Valley Hospital is sponsoring a blood drive from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at its Destination Wellness health resource center, the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, 590 Pittsburgh Mills Circle, Frazer. Call 724-274-5202.
▪ UPMC East, Monroeville, is sponsoring educational presentations on colon and breast cancer on Tuesday for its Alive & Well Series Presentation series. Speakers are Drs. Ravi Kondaveeti and Emilia Diego, who are speaking respectively from 6 to 6:45 p.m. and 6:45 to 7:30 p.m. Reservations are required. Call 412-357-3700.
▪ Westminster Presbyterian Church, 2040 Washington Road, Upper St. Clair, is hosting "When Kids Become Teens: What's a Parent to Do?" from 7 to 8 p.m. Wednesday. Call 412-835-6630.
▪ The Simmons Center for ILD is hosting an educational seminar on sarcoidosis from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in the LHAS Auditorium, 7th floor of UPMC Montefiore. Call 412-624-7225.
▪ Excela Health is sponsoring the following programs. Call 1-877-771-1234.
-- "Coping with Loss During the Holidays," 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday, Charter Oak United Methodist Church, 449 Frye Farm Road, Unity.
-- Travel-themed presentation for diabetics, 9 a.m. to noon Nov. 9, Regional Family YMCA of Laurel Highlands, 490 Bessemer Road, Mount Pleasant. Presenters: Drs. Stephan Kowalyk and Allen Dzambo.
▪ The PriorityCare program of Allegheny Valley Hospital, Harrison, in conjunction with the Alzheimer's Association, is presenting of "Driving: Let's have a Conversation" at 2 p.m. Nov. 5 in its Charles W. Young Conference Center Speaker is Nancy Riggle from the Alzheimer's Association. To register. call 412-330-4469.
▪ Allegheny Valley Hospital is holding the following classes at its Destination Wellness health resource center, the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, 590 Pittsburgh Mills Circle, Frazer. Call 724-274-5202.
-- Safe Sitter, for youth ages 11 and up, 1 to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Cost: $50 per student. Space limited to 6.
▪ The McDonald Sportsman Foundation Education Committee ia holding a Basic First Aid/CPR/AED class at 8 a.m. Nov. 10 at the McDonald Sportsman Club, 8698 Cooks Road, Robinson, Washington County. The cost is $5, and the deadline is Wednesday. To register, email chiefrso@Verizon.net or call 412-726-7758.
▪ Excela Health is sponsoring the following classes at Westmoreland Hospital, Greensburg. Call 1-877-771-1234.
-- Low-Impact Aerobics, seven weeks, 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Mondays beginning Nov. 4, conference rooms A/D, first floor.
-- Yoga, six weeks, 9:30 a.m. Mondays beginning Nov. 4 or 5:30 p.m. Thursdays beginning Nov. 7, conference room D, first floor.
-- Basic Yoga, six weeks, 4:30 p.m. Thursdays beginning Nov. 14, Memorial Conference Center, ground floor.
-- Gentle Yoga, four weeks, 5:30 p.m. Thursdays beginning Nov. 14, Memorial Conference Center.
▪ VA Butler Healthcare is offering the following ongoing fitness classes for veterans from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Registration is required. Call 724-285-2292.
-- Cardio, Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
-- Yoga, Tuesday
-- Zumba, Thursday.
▪ Allegheny Valley Hospital is sponsoring a Children's Coloring Contest for those ages 3 to 10 on hand-washing in promotion of National Hand Washing Awareness week, Dec. 1-7. Entries are available beginning next Monday at its Destination Wellness health resource center, the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, 590 Pittsburgh Mills Circle, Frazer. The deadline is 8 p.m. Nov. 20. One colored page will be chosen to receive a prize. All entries will be on display at Destination Wellness during December. Call 724-274-5202.
Correction, posted Oct. 29, 2013: The date of the Simmons Center for ILD seminar has been corrected.