- Blind & Vision Rehabilitation Services of Pittsburgh, 1800 West St., Homestead, is holding Full Circle, an art show and exhibit featuring works created by adults with disabilities, on Thursday. An artist meet-and-greet is taking place from 12:30 to 2 p.m.; an afternoon exhibit and hors d’oeuvres are planned from 4 to 6 p.m. Art and craft items are to be available for purchase, with proceeds going to the programs for adults with disabilities. Call 412-368-4400 ext. 2297.
- The PriorityCare program of Allegheny Valley Hospital, Harrison, in partnership with APPRISE and Family Services of Western Pennsylvania, is offering “Medicare 101: An Overview” from 10 a.m. to noon Wednesday in its Charles W. Young Conference Center. To register, call 412-330-4469.
- Passavant Hospital Foundation is presenting “Shoulder Pain ... Ouch, why does my shoulder hurt?” at 12:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Senior Center, Cranberry Township Municipal Building, 2525 Rochester Road. Presenter is sports medicine specialist Christopher Emond of Tri-State Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine. Call 412-748-6640.
- Allegheny Valley Hospital is sponsoring “Walking Safety Tips to Prevent Injuries” from 6 to 7 p.m. next Tuesday at its Healthy Directions health resource center, the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, 590 Pittsburgh Mills Circle, as part of its Podiatry Educational Series. Speaker is Cheryl L. Goldstein from A1 Foot & Ankle Clinic in Harrison. To register, call 724-274-5202.
- Excela Health is sponsoring “Look Good ... Feel Better” cosmetology workshops for women cancer patients from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday at the Community Education Center, Excela Square at Norwin, 8775 Norwin Ave., North Huntingdon and Frick Hospital, Mount Pleasant Borough. Call 1-877-771-1234.
The Beaver County Cancer & Heart Association, Suite 201, 3582 Brodhead Road, Center, is conducting a cholesterol and fasting blood glucose screening from 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. Saturday. The charge is $15, and a 10-hour fast is required. Call 724-774-6600.
- To find a blood drive near you call:
-- The Central Blood Bank, 412-209-7000 or 1-800-310-9551.
-- The American Red Cross, 1-800-733-2767. For bloodmobile locations, check www.redcrossblood.org/greateralleghenies.
- Self Help Group Network, a service of PA 2-1-1 Southwest, provides a database of support groups. Call 412-255-1155.
- Our Clubhouse, 2816 Smallman St., Strip, is offering a pancreatic cancer support group from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Thursday for those currently receiving treatment, survivors and caregivers. A light dinner is being served at 6 p.m. Registration is required. Subsequent meetings are being held on the second Thursday of every month. To register, call 412-338-1919.
- Excela Health is offering tours of the Family Additions Maternity Center at Westmoreland Hospital, Greensburg, at 3 p.m. Saturday. Call 1-877-771-1234.