- The Auxiliary of Mon-Vale Heath Resources is sponsoring a Strawberry Festival from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday in the Anthony M. Lombardi Education Conference Center and outside Central Plaza at Monongahela Valley Hospital, Carroll. For more information, call 724-258-1167.
- To find a blood drive near you call:
-- The Central Blood Bank, 412-209-7000 or 1-800-310-9551.
-- The American Red Cross, 1-800-733-2767. For bloodmobile locations, check http://www.www.redcrossblood.org/greateralleghenies.
- Mon-Vale Heath Resources is sponsoring a program on carpal tunnel syndrome at 6 p.m. Monday at its Mon-Vale HealthPLEX, 800 Plaza Drive, Rostraver, as part of its “Innovations in Medicine” series. Speaker is orthopedic surgeon Daniel T. Stewart. To register, call 724-258-1333.
- Allegheny Valley Hospital is sponsoring the following classes at its Destination Wellness health resource center, the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, 590 Pittsburgh Mills Circle, Frazer. Call 724-274-5202 except where indicated.
-- Prenatal breastfeeding, 6 to 9 p.m. Wednesday. Cost: $40 per couple. To register, call 412-578-7030.
-- Basic life support for healthcare provider, including CPR renewal, 5 to 8 p.m. Monday. Cost: $35 per student, required manual included.
-- Babysitting for Grandparents, 5 to 9 p.m. June 18.Cost: $12 per person, required student workbook and participation card included.
- Excela Health is sponsoring “Your Changing Body for Girls” for girls ages 9 to 12 and their parents or guardians from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday in the Memorial Conference Center, on the ground floor of Westmoreland Hospital, Greensburg. Call 1-877-771-1234.
- Self Help Group Network, a service of PA 2-1-1 Southwest, provides a database of support groups. Call 412-255-1155.
- fitUnited, an initiative of the United Way of Allegheny County, is offering the following events for Free Fitness Saturdays at 8:30 a.m. Saturday at the athletic complex of Fox Chapel Area High School, 611 Field Club Road, O’Hara. Children of any age are invited to participate, though children under age 8 must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Registration is required, as space is limited. For more information or to register, call 855- 434-8262.
-- 9 to 9:50 a.m.: Zumba (Age 13 and older), Kids Zombie Run (Ages 8 to 12), flag football (age 13 and older).
-- 10 to 10:50 a.m.: Kids Fitness and Fun Bootcamp (Ages 8 to 12), soccer (age 13 and older).
-- 11 to 11:50 a.m.: Athletic Sports Performance (Age 10 and older), Bootcamp (age 13 and older).
- Westminster Presbyterian Church, 2040 Washington Road, Upper St. Clair, is offering the following classes. For costs and more information, call 412-835-6630
-- Ballet Barre Total Balance 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Mondays and 9 to 10 a.m. Saturdays through July 21.
-- Total Body Sculpt, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.Tuesdays and 8 to 9 a.m. Saturdays from next Tuesday to Aug. 30.
-- Aerobics and Strength Training, 9:15 to 10:30 a.m. Fridays from June 20 to Aug. 29.