• The National Kidney Foundation is sponsoring a Kidney Gift of Life Gala with the theme “All That Glitters Is Gold” on March 22 in the East Club Lounge at Heinz Field, Art Rooney Avenue, North Shore. A VIP reception will take place at 5 p.m., with the cocktail hour and silent/live auction preview at 6 p.m., followed by a sit down dinner, open bar and live entertainment by the band Protege. The cost is $200; $175 for those younger than 35 or nephrology nurses, dietitians, social workers, dialysis techs, fellows, residents, dialysis patients and transplant recipients; and $250 for VIP reservations. Deadline is March 3. Creative black and gold cocktail attire is preferred. For more information, call 412-261-4115.
• The Auxiliary of Westmoreland Hospital is hosting a “Handbag Blowout” sale from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday in the lobby of Excela Health Westmoreland Hospital, Greensburg. Call 724-689-0206.
• To find a blood drive near you call:
— The Central Blood Bank, 412-209-7000 or 1-800-310-9551.
— The American Red Cross, 1-800-733-2767. For bloodmobile locations, check www.www.redcrossblood.org/greateralleghenies.
• Westminster Presbyterian Church, 2040 Washington Road, Upper St. Clair, is sponsoring a blood drive from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday. Call 412-835-6630.
• The Village of St. Barnabas, 5850 Meridian Road, Richland, is hosting “Home Care Can Help” at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday in Hilltop Hall as part of its “Doc’s Talk” series. Speakers are Kirstan Waterson, director of home care; and Renee Vandenberghe, director of private pay. For more information, call 724-443-7231.
• The PriorityCare program of Allegheny Valley Hospital, Harrison, is sponsoring “Blood Pressure: Why Does It Matter?” at 6 p.m. Wednesday in its Charles W. Young Conference Center in recognition of National Heart Month. Speaker is Dr. John Balacko of Tri-County Cardiology. Also included is a blood pressure screening. To register, call 412-330-4469.
• Supreme Meditation In Pittsburgh is sponsoring a program on Meditation and Whole Life Transformation from 7:30 to 9 p.m. Thursday in the Hilda Willis auditorium of Winchester Thurston’s Upper School School, 455 Morewood Ave., Shadyside. For reservations, call 724-420-5826.
• The Southwestern Pennsylvania chapter of the American Red Cross is sponsoring the following classes on Saturday at its Downtown headquarters, 225 Blvd. of the Allies. Call 1-877-733-2767.
— Adult CPR/AED, 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Cost: $70.
— Adult first aid/CPR/AED, 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Cost: $90.
• Excela Health is holding a Breastfeeding Success class from 9 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday in the Memorial Conference Center, on the ground floor of Westmoreland Hospital, Greensburg. Call 1-877-771-1234.
• Allegheny Valley Hospital is sponsoring a basic life support class for health care providers, including CPR, from 5 to 10 p.m. Feb. 18 at its Destination Wellness health resource center, the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, 590 Pittsburgh Mills Circle, Frazer. The cost is $50, which includes a required manual. Call 724-274-5202.
• The West Newton Library is holding a CPR/AED class from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Feb. 22 at the West Newton Senior Center, 103 E. Main St. The cost is $20. Call 724-972-3229.
• Self Help Group Network, a service PA 2-1-1 Southwest, provides a database of support groups. Call: 412-255-1155.
• The McKeesport Area support and advocacy group of the National Alliance on Mental Illness is meeting at 7 p.m. Thursday in Room 122 in the Frable Building on the Greater Allegheny Campus of Penn State University, 4000 University Drive, White Oak. Meeting facilitator Vi Ludwig is to have copies of the SAGE cognition test developed by Douglas Scharre from Ohio State University for those who would like to self-test. For more information, call 412-373-7977.
• Moon Parks and Recreation is sponsoring the following six-week classes. The cost is $50, $45 for residents except where indicated. Call 412-262-1703.
— Beginning Zumba, 6 to 7 p.m. Mondays from Feb. 17 to March 24, fitness room, Moon Area High School, 8353 University Blvd.
— Totally Toned, 7:15 to 8:15 p.m. Mondays from Feb. 17 to March 24, fitness room, Moon Area High School.
— Zumba Fitness, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays from Feb. 18 to March 25, auditorium, municipal building, 1000 Beaver Grade Road.
— Pilates, 8:45 to 9:45 a.m. Wednesdays from Feb. 19 to March 26, Robin Hill Center, Robin Hill Park, 949 Thorn Run Road.
— Bodyshred, 6 to 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays from Feb. 19 to March 26, Rhema Christian School, 1301 Coraopolis Heights Road. Cost: $35, $30 for residents.
• Allegheny Valley Hospital is sponsoring a six-week T’ai Chi for Beginners class from 7 to 8 p.m. Tuesdays beginning Feb. 18 at its Destination Wellness health resource center, the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, 590 Pittsburgh Mills Circle, Frazer. The cost is $45 per person. To register, call 724-274-5202.
• Excela Health is sponsoring a six-week Basic Yoga class 5:30 p.m. Thursdays beginning Feb. 27 in Auditorium B, on the first floor of Latrobe Hospital. The deadline is Thursday. Call 1-877-771-1234.