• Volunteers, in cooperation with the National Foundation for Transplants, are holding a Zumbathon from 3 to 5 p.m. Saturday in the gymnasium of Bower Hill Elementary School, 424 Bower Hill Road, Peters, in honor of transplant patient Geri Whalen. Admission is $15 in advance by Friday or $20 at the door. For more information, visit www.geristeam.com or call 412-478-7457.
• Adagio Health is sponsoring its annual "Hot Pink Pittsburgh" event, including jazz and dance performances, at 8 p.m. Saturday at the August Wilson Center for African-American Culture, 980 Liberty Ave., Downtown. The cost is $100, $175 for a 6:30 p.m. VIP reception. A student rate of $25 for the show only is being offered. Call 412-253-8163.
• Westmoreland Hospital Auxiliary is presenting its annual Dollhouse and Miniature Show from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday at the Ramada Inn and Conference Center, 100 Ramada Drive, Hempfield. Admission is $5 for adults, $2 for children. Raffle tickets for chances to win a miniature dollhouse are $2 each and available separately. Call 724-689-0206.
• Excela Health, in conjunction with Westmoreland Mall, off Lincoln Highway, Hempfield, is holding a cholesterol screening during its monthly Mall Walkers program at 8:30 a.m. Thursday. An eight-hour fast is recommended. Doors open at 8 a.m. Call 1-877-771-1234.
• Mon-Vale Health Resources is hosting a Multiphasic Blood Analysis from 7 to 11 a.m. Saturday in the Anthony M. Lombardi Education Conference Center at Monongahela Valley Hospital, Carroll. This 36-function screening costs $25 and is open to the public. Participants are asked to provide the full name and complete address of the physician to whom their test results will be sent. Appointments are required by Wednesday, and registration must be made between 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Call 724-258-1282.
• Allegheny Valley Hospital is sponsoring a colorectal cancer screening and lecture at 6 p.m. next Monday at its Destination Wellness health resource center, the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, 590 Pittsburgh Mills Circle, Frazer. Presenter is oncologist Gene Finley from Allegheny Valley Hospital's Medical Center Clinic. To register, call 724-274-5202.
• UPMC St. Margaret is offering flu vaccinations for those 18 and older from 4 to 6 p.m. Wednesday at the Lawrenceville Family Health Center, 3937 Butler St.; and Thursday at the Bloomfield-Garfield Family Health Center, 5475 Penn Ave., Garfield. The cost is $15, free to those age 65 and older and for individuals with chronic health conditions like asthma, diabetes, or heart and lung disease. For more information, call 412-361-7562.
• UPMC East, Monroeville, is presenting "Building Better Bones" as part of its Alive & Well Series on Tuesday in its Conference Center on the hospital's ground level. A bone density screening will be conducted from 5:30 to 8 p.m., with "Fall Prevention and Fracture Treatment," orthopedist Alan H. Klein speaking from 6 to 6:45 p.m. and "Osteoporosis Management" with Mark C. Gottron addressing nutrition, exercise and lifestyle tips, from 6:45 to 7:30 p.m. For reservations or information, call 412-357-3700.
• Mon-Vale Health Resources is sponsoring "Arthritis: How to Cope With the Pain" at 6 p.m. Wednesday at the Finleyville Community Center. Speaker is rheumatologist Ajay K. Mathur. To register, call 724-258-1333.
• The Reformed Presbyterian Home is sponsoring the following programs as part of its Fall Lecture Series at the following North Side locations. Call 412-321-4139.
-- "Understanding Memory Loss" with Lois Lutz of the Alzheimer's Association, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Bistro to Go, 415 E. Ohio St.
-- "Elder Abuse: Scope & Solutions" with Rebecca Brady, 6:15 to 7:15 p.m. Oct. 3, Campus Chapel, Reformed Presbyterian Home, 2344 Perrysville Ave.
• Passavant Hospital Foundation is sponsoring a program "Seniors & Brittle Bones" at 10:30 a.m. Thursday in the auditorium at Sherwood Oaks, 100 Norman Drive, Cranberry. Speaker is orthopedic surgeon Anna Dumont of Tri-Rivers Surgical Associates. To register, call 1-800-642-2217.
• The Celiac Center of Allegheny General Hospital, in conjunction with the Gluten Intolerance Group of Western Pennsylvania, is sponsoring "Celebrating a Gluten-Free Lifestyle" from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Saturday at the Four Points by Sheraton Pittsburgh North, Marshall. Included are several samples of gluten-free foods and discussions on celiac diagnosis and nutrition. Call 412-359-8956 or 412-343-1802.
• Westminster Presbyterian Church, 2040 Washington Road, Upper St. Clair, is sponsoring "Take Care of the Temple," a wellness program for holistic health, from 7 to 8:15 p.m. Mondays from next Monday to Nov. 4. Call 412-835-6630.
• The PriorityCare program of Allegheny Valley Hospital, Harrison, is sponsoring the following programs on Wednesday in its Charles W. Young Conference Center for Women's Health and Fitness Day. To register, call 724-226-7339.
-- Fitness demonstrations with experts from Jazzercise Lower Burrell, Kripalu Yoga, Silver Sneakers and Zumba, 2 to 3:30 p.m. Small mat or beach towel and athletic-style shoes encouraged.
-- "I Am Woman: Keep Me Well," lecture by Christian Borberg, 6 p.m.
• The Cancer Caring Center, 4117 Liberty Ave., Bloomfield, is sponsoring a "Funny Forum for All!" comedy night from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday. To register call 412-622-1212.
--?Compiled by Rick Nowlinhealth