Job training program receives honor
The Beaver County Chamber of Commerce has named Job Training for Beaver County Inc. the 2013 Small Business Non-Profit of the Year.
The mission of Job Training for Beaver County Inc. is to serve as a channel between the workforce and employers to meet the region's employment needs, according to Deborah Newton, executive director of the agency.
The agency provides a range of services to help adults, youth and dislocated workers better understand career options and improve their skills to qualify for high-priority occupations.
It also enhances partnerships to increase access for employment and training services that support local economic development. Information: 724-728-2020 or www.jtbc.org.
Road work to restrict traffic
Traffic will be restricted this week during maintenance by state Department of Transportation on these Beaver County roads:
• Anderson Hozak Road, Hanover - Drainage improvements between Route 18 and Rogers Drive;
• Cherry Hill Road, North Sewickley - Road base repairs between Route 351 and Brighton Road;
• Deer Lane Extension, New Sewickley and Rochester - Drainage improvements between Big Knob and Cable roads;
• Fairlane Boulevard, Big Beaver - Slide repairs between Koppel and Shenango roads;
• Park Road, Chippewa and Brighton - Drainage improvements between Bradys Run and Achortown roads;
• Smith Ferry Road, Ohioville - Patching between Midland-Beaver and Salem Church roads;
• Wallace City Road, New Sewickley - Drainage improvements between McElhaney and Metz Hill roads.
AROUND THE WEST
Volunteers sought for Pa. cleanup
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation is seeking volunteers for the Great American Cleanup of Pennsylvania effort that runs through May 31.
The event is an annual program by PennDOT, Keep Pennsylvania Beautiful, the state Department of Environmental Protection and other partners.
For a list of cleanup events and resources for organizing a cleanup: www.gacofpa.org. For groups who want to adopt a section of a highway: www.dot.state.pa.us.
Space available for public rental
Heritage Library in McDonald has available space to rent to the public for parties, showers and meetings. The space can accommodate 50 people and rents for $60.