Two rescued today from Beaver County house fire

Share with others:


Print Email Read Later

Two people were rescued this morning from a raging fire that destroyed a home and claimed the life of a pet in Beaver County.

Chad Crawford, assistant chief of the Darlington Volunteer Fire Department, said fire and smoke were pouring from the front of the single-story brick house at 3485 Darlington Road when firefighters arrived at about 1:30 a.m. today.

A woman who resided in the home had been helped by a passerby to safety and she quickly alerted responders to the fact that a man still was trapped inside the house.

Firefighters worked to knock down the blaze, which had engulfed the bedroom, then found the man in the kitchen. Though he was unable to talk, he was breathing.

"It's not too often we can get an outcome like this," Mr. Crawford said, noting that the victim was flown by medical helicopter to UPMC Mercy. The man's condition was not available. He was brought out of the house within a half-hour of firefighters' arrival, Mr. Crawford said.

The assistant chief said his department was assisted by four others with a total of about 30 firefighters working to battle the blaze.

While it appears that the fire started in a bedroom, there was fire and water damage throughout the structure, leaving it a total loss, Mr. Crawford said. A dollar value on the loss was not immediately available.

The family dog was not able to be rescued, Mr. Crawford said.

There was no one else in the house at the time of the fire.

The scene was cleared by about 3:40 a.m.

The names of the man and woman were not available.

mobilehome - breaking - neigh_west


Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

You have 2 remaining free articles this month

Try unlimited digital access

If you are an existing subscriber,
link your account for free access. Start here

You’ve reached the limit of free articles this month.

To continue unlimited reading

If you are an existing subscriber,
link your account for free access. Start here