A journeyman lineman for Central Electric Cooperative was electrocuted early this morning while trying to repair a downed power line in Armstrong County, the coroner's office said.
Michael Eugene Over, 52, of New Bethlehem, Clarion County, was dispatched to 304 Mudd Lane in Perry to repair a power line that had been damaged by a fallen tree, according to county Deputy Coroner Brian Myers. Mr. Over had climbed the utility pole in a harness when a fellow employee saw the line arc. The employee rescued Mr. Over from the pole and performed CPR on him, Mr. Myers said.
He was pronounced dead at 3:50 a.m.
An autopsy completed later this morning showed that Mr. Over died due to accidental electrocution.mobilehome - breaking - neigh_north
First Published June 22, 2013 8:30 AM