Indiana County Coroner Michael Baker said an autopsy revealed that a 13-month-old boy died Saturday night by accidentally drowning in a bathtub.
Mr. Baker said paramedics were called to the boy's home on Roush Drive in White at 7:54 p.m. after his mother found him face-down and unresponsive in the water. The child was in the tub with two other siblings, ages 2 and 3 years old, when their mother left them unattended for a few minutes, the mother told authorities.
She performed CPR on the boy, identified as Ryden Thomas, until medics arrived. He was taken to the emergency room at Indiana Regional Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead at 8:32 p.m., the coroner said.
Mr. Baker said the autopsy conducted this morning found no evidence of other trauma or physical abuse. State police in Indiana are investigating the incident.mobilehome - breaking - neigh_east
First Published February 3, 2013 1:15 AM