South Fayette school board approves high school expansion study

Share with others:


Print Email Read Later

The South Fayette school board Tuesday night approved a study of options for new and expanded high school facilities.

The board awarded a contract of as much as $15,000 to Eckles Architecture of New Castle to perform the feasibility study. The same firm had designed the district’s intermediate school that opened last year.

Board president Len Fornella said the firm will determine a plan for what facilities are needed and where to put them.

“It’s not that we want to spend money on construction, but we have to," he said.

A recent population report predicted the high school will reach capacity around the 2015-2016 school year, with enrollment growing by 286 students over 10 years.


Andrea Iglar, freelance writer: suburbanliving@post-gazette.com.

Join the conversation:

Commenting policy | How to report abuse
To report inappropriate comments, abuse and/or repeat offenders, please send an email to socialmedia@post-gazette.com and include a link to the article and a copy of the comment. Your report will be reviewed in a timely manner. Thank you.
Commenting policy | How to report abuse

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

You have 2 remaining free articles this month

Try unlimited digital access

If you are an existing subscriber,
link your account for free access. Start here

You’ve reached the limit of free articles this month.

To continue unlimited reading

If you are an existing subscriber,
link your account for free access. Start here