Moon supervisors recently recognized five Eagle Scouts from Troop 310:
• Tyler Henry Farr built an outdoor garden for the Mooncrest Knowledge Connection in the same building as the Felician Sisters. His project involved landscaping the area behind a recent expansion of the building and building a raised garden bed, which will be used to teach connection center students about gardening. Tyler is in eighth grade.
• Ryan P. Couse designed, planned, built and installed warm-up stretching posts and benches on the Montour Trail. Ryan is a senior.
• Matthew Tessm designed, planned and built a ramp for handicapped accessibility at the Boggs School House historic building on Boggs School House Road next to Baker Field. Matt, a senior, is a member of the National Honor Society and a drum major for the high school marching band.
• Brett S. Frank organized a collection of surplus and donated soccer gear for children in the community whose families can't afford the equipment. Brett is a sophomore.
• Brent C. Matey organized a youth program for the youth ministry of St. Phillip’s Church in Moon. He led a group of Scouts, Scout leaders, friends and adults in planning and constructing seven prayer stations at the church. Brent is a senior.
■ The board of directors of Beaver County Cancer & Heart Association recently re-elected Jack Simon as president, Ron Schollaert as vice president, David Cutich as treasurer, and Thomas Matvey as secretary. Also serving on the board of directors are Deborah Cutich, Mark DiNuzzo, William Ferri, Donald Flick, Jacqueline Fullen, Tracy Horvath, Julia Swink and James Tatum.
■ Cathy Benscoter of Beaver, marketing and web specialist and lecturer in communications at Penn State Beaver, was honored by CUPRAP, Pennsylvania’s Association of Communicators in Education, in the featured articles category for her article, “Little Engine, Big Impact,” which appeared in the summer 2013 edition of the Penn State Beaver Nittany News. Her article was one of more than 300 entries received by the CUPRAP awards committee.