Heritage Valley Health System Cameos of Caring awardees are Amanda Bombiani, RN, Progressive Care Unit/Critical Care Unit at Heritage Valley Sewickley; Karen Tymous, RN, Clinical Supervisor, Critical Care Unit at Heritage Valley Beaver; and Susan Frank, RN, CRNP, Heritage Valley Health System, who will receive the Advanced Practice Award, Manager Focus.
The Cameos of Caring Award honors bedside nurses who work in acute care hospitals. They were honored Nov. 3 at the 14th Cameos of Caring Awards gala at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center.
• Bon Meade Elementary fourth-graders Karoline Roettger and Samantha Januck were recognized Nov. 19 as winners of the Moon Area School District's Tiger Spirit Award.
• Mike Pigoni of Hopewell Memorial Junior High School won the algebra/integrated math II contest sponsored by the Mathematics Council of Western Pennsylvania.
• These Sto-Rox Middle School students were recognized recently for their significant academic progress: Ty'Rez Rose and Alexandria Carswell, grade 8; Dearra Cabbagestalk and Jevonne Crawford, grade 7; Abigail Kochirka and Ryan Lipovsik, grade 6.
• The Carlynton team of Sofia Carrasco, Abbie Snizik, Rebecca Turske and Lorin Welsh won a medal at the recent Heinz History Center History Bowl. The team competed against students from schools across the county.
• Beaver Area High School senior Carly Koza was named Pennsylvania's Outstanding Young Woman 2013 in the recent state competition in Reading.
She also won the Presence and Presentation Award, Scholarship and Achievement Award, Talent Award and Interview Award. She represented Beaver County and her high school.neigh_west