McKeesport fire investigation reveals safety issues that relocate three families

Share with others:


Print Email Read Later

Three families are being relocated temporarily after a fire at a McKeesport apartment building this morning revealed other safety concerns, police said.

A candle lit a curtain on fire around 2:45 a.m. at the four-unit apartment building in the 900-block of Union Avenue, said McKeesport police Capt. Tim Hanna.

The blaze, which he said was not suspicious, was contained to the bathroom.

"During the course of the investigation, the fire department came across some wiring issues and some other safety issues inside the building," he said.

The American Red Cross of Southwestern Pennsylvania helped seven adults and one child with food and shelter until the safety hazards can be fixed, police said.

breaking - neigh_east - neigh_south

Molly Born: mborn@post-gazette.com or 412-263-1944 or on Twitter @borntolede.


Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

You have 2 remaining free articles this month

Try unlimited digital access

If you are an existing subscriber,
link your account for free access. Start here

You’ve reached the limit of free articles this month.

To continue unlimited reading

If you are an existing subscriber,
link your account for free access. Start here