One person dead in house fire in New Castle

Share with others:


Print Email Read Later

A man died in a fire in New Castle last night, according to fire officials in the Lawrence County community.

He was pronounced dead at Jameson Memorial Hospital, Fire Chief Mark Panella said. Firefighters found him in a room directly above the room where the fire originated.

The fire was caused by a faulty multi-plug outlet, Chief Panella said.

Officials have not released the victim’s name.

Firefighters responded to a call for a blaze in the 700 block of Lathrop Street about 10 p.m. Thursday. It took responders almost four hours to clear the electrical fire, Chief Panella said.


First Published February 28, 2014 8:49 AM

Join the conversation:

Commenting policy | How to report abuse
To report inappropriate comments, abuse and/or repeat offenders, please send an email to socialmedia@post-gazette.com and include a link to the article and a copy of the comment. Your report will be reviewed in a timely manner. Thank you.
Commenting policy | How to report abuse

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

You have 2 remaining free articles this month

Try unlimited digital access

If you are an existing subscriber,
link your account for free access. Start here

You’ve reached the limit of free articles this month.

To continue unlimited reading

If you are an existing subscriber,
link your account for free access. Start here