This is a big week for farmers-market openings.
Today, the Beechview Citiparks Farmers Market opens in the St. Catherine’s Church lot at Broadway Avenue and Belasco Street. It runs from 3:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursdays to Oct. 23.
Other Thursday markets opening today:
• In Point Breeze, the Grow Pittsburgh farm stand at Shiloh Farm, at Thomas Boulevard and Homewood Avenue. It runs from 3 to 6 p.m. Thursdays, also to Oct. 23.
• The Vandergrift Farmers Market, on Columbia Avenue between Sherman and Grant avenues. It runs from 3 to 5:30 p.m. Thursdays to Oct. 16.
• The Verona Farmers Market, at 736 E. Railroad Ave. It runs from 2 to 6 p.m. Thursdays to Oct. 9.
The Ohio Valley Farmers Market Belmont, located at that Ohio town’s Bel-Morr Shur Fast at 66440 Belmont-Morristown Road, opens today and runs from 3 to 6 p.m. Thursdays to Oct. 23.
Opening Friday, June 13, is the Cranberry Farmers Market. The one behind the municipal building on Rochester Road runs from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. Fridays through October; the one in the lot behind the fire station on Mashuda Drive runs from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays June 13 through October.
Monongahela Farmers Market, in Chess Park at Main and Seventh streets, also opens Friday and runs from 3 to 6 p.m. Fridays through September.
Opening Saturday are:
• New Wilmington Farmers Market, in the Jameson lot on Market Street. It runs 9 a.m. to noon every second Saturday June 14 to Oct. 11.
• West Newton’s Farmers Market on Simeral Square at Water and Main streets. It 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays through Sept.
• Warren Farmers Market on Liberty Street between Second and Third avenues. It runs 8 a.m. to noon Sat. through Oct.
Also opening Saturday is a new market we just found out about: The Market at Hartwood is happening in Hartwood Acres Park in Hampton and Indiana Township from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on four Saturdays: June 14, July 12, Aug. 9 and Sept. 13 (this one is at the Mansion). In addition to local farm goods, the market features antiques.
Early next week, the Bridgeville Farmers Market, at 431 Washington Pike (behind Northwest Savings Bank), opens and runs from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesdays to Sept. 23.
Also opening is the Streets of Cranberry Farmers Market, at 20412 Route 19 North, that runs from 1 to 7 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays through October.
The Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank’s Brighton [Heights] Farm Stand, at 3237 Brighton Road, also starts its season; it’s open noon to 4 p.m. Tuesdays to Aug. 26.
And opening on Wednesday is the Mt. Lebanon Lions Farmers Market, in the United Lutheran Church lot at 975 Washington Road. It’s open 4 to 7 p.m. Wednesdays through Oct.
To find farmers markets around the region all season long, visit our interactive map and list at post-gazette.com/farmersmarkets.
Since we published this year’s list last Thursday, we added two more markets:
• Pitcairn Farmers Market, at firehouse at 100 Center Ave. 4 to 7 p.m. Weds. June through Sept.
• Centre County: Boalsburg Farmers Market, Pennsylvania Military Museum lot, 51 Boal Ave. 2 to 6 p.m. Tues., May through Oct. (winter market is same time and day, Nov. through April, St. John’s United Church of Christ, 218 N. Church St.). boalsburgfarmersmarket.com.