• Onion Maiden, the heavy metal and punk rock-inspired pop-up purveyor of vegan foods, opened a brick and mortar space of their own Wednesday at 639 E. Warrington Ave., in Allentown. Information: https://www.onionmaiden.com/
• California Coffee Bar opens Monday in Brighton Heights. The shop located at 3619 California Ave. will feature coffees, tea, a juice and smoothie bar and light breakfast and lunch items.
• Columbus, Ohio-based Condado Taqueria will open its first Pittsburgh location at 971 Liberty Avenue in the former location of Tonic Bar and Grill on Tuesday, and will mark the occasion by offering a free taco to every guest. Information: http://www.condadotacos.com/
• Having recently celebrated seven years at their Mt. Lebanon flagship shop, A’pizza Badamo will open a second location at 1106 Federal St. on the Central North Side later this spring.
• Also later this spring, Big Shot Bob’s House of Wings will bring their 150+ flavors of wings to an new location, their sixth, at 1324 E. Carson St. on the South Side in the former WingStop location.
• Meat & Potatoes, Downtown, will open for lunch service Fridays from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. throughout the Lent season with a dozen different gourmet spins on a classic fried fish sandwich. Information: http://meatandpotatoespgh.com/events
• Between now and Easter, area Mad Mex locations are again featuring their Funky Fish Freak Out menu featuring items including their take on a Louisiana style Po' Boy sandwich, crab dip with chips, and grilled salmon tacos. Information: http://www.madmex.com/specials
• Area Primanti Bros. locations offer three new Lenten sandwiches today — for the pious or the gluttonous. The “Redemption” is a 10-inch hoagie with spicy shrimp, crispy fish, pepper jack cheese and Cajun tartar; the “Offering” is a crispy fish filet served with fries, and “The Last Temptation” is a meaty mashup of corned-beef, pastrami, Swiss cheese and spicy beer mustard.
• Chef Kevin Costa will host a four-course pay-what-you-can pop-up dinner at 6 p.m., March 19 at his old Crested Duck restaurant location. The menu features duck liver custard, braised rabbit and cinnamon swirled brioche with goat cheese and honey ice cream. Reservations accepted via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Streets on Carson on the South Side will celebrate its one-year anniversary at 6:30 p.m., March 29 with a five-course dinner featuring duck rillettes, butternut squash bisque, and pig cheeks or grouper. $50 per person; Call 412-916-1008 to reserve.
Dan Gigler: dgigler@post-gazette; Twitter @gigs412