• The annual Gentlemen's Night/Pittsburgh Smoker fundraiser is taking place at 6 p.m. Thursday at the IBEW Circuit Center, 5 Hot Metal Street, South Side. The cost is $150, and space is limited. A portion of the proceeds benefit the Spina Bifida Association of Western Pennsylvania. Reservations: www.pittsburghsmoker.com/ or 724-443-8853.
• Latrobe Area Hospital Aid Society is offering merchandise by JDA Designs 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday and 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Thursday in the Little Shop corridor, on the first floor of Excela Health Latrobe Hospital. Call 724-689-0206.
• Mon-Vale Health Resources is sponsoring a Strawberry Festival from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday in the outdoor Central Plaza and the Anthony M. Lombardi Education Conference Center of Monongahela Valley Hospital, Carroll. Proceeds from the event are used to enhance hospital services. In addition, the group is selling homemade baked goods, and vendors are to be on-site selling a variety of gifts. Information: 724-258-1167.
• The Sisters of St. Joseph is sponsoring a BYOB & D -- bring your own beverage & dog -- cookout from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday at Misty Pines Dog Park, 2523 Wexford Bayne Road, Franklin Park. The event includes grilled hot dogs and a fun 50/50 Sit-Stay competition. The cost to attend is $10 per person. The Sit-Stay competition is $5 per contender, with the winner splitting the proceeds the Sisters' Pets with Heart pet therapy outreach. Proceeds benefit Pets with Heart. Call 412- 364-4122.
• The Rosedale Women's Club is holding its annual Health Awareness Screening from 7 to 10 a.m. Saturday at the Penn Hills Senior Citizen Center, 147 Jefferson Road. The cost is $42 for 39 tests, with other tests available for additional fees. For information or questions about insurance, call 1-800-524-3414.
• The Spina Bifida Association of Western Pennsylvania is holding a seminar on sepsis prevention in patients from 6 to 8:30 p.m. June 19 at the Four Points by Sheraton Pittsburgh North, 910 Sheraton Drive, Marshall. To be presented are "Sepsis and Urology," presented by Michael Ost; and "Sepsis and Pressure Ulcers," presented by Brad Dicianno. Registration is due by Wednesday. Register at www.sbawp.org or 724-934-9600.
• The PriorityCare program at Allegheny Valley Hospital, Harrison, is sponsoring "GreenLight Laser Therapy: A New Option for Enlarged Prostate Treatment" at 6:30 p.m. June 18. Speaker is Rong-Chung Lin. Space is limited. To register, call 1-877-433-2873.
• The Southwestern Pennsylvania chapter of the American Red Cross is sponsoring the following safety classes at its Downtown headquarters, 225 Blvd. of the Allies. Call 1-888-733-2767.
-- Adult CPR/AED, 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. Tuesday and June 18. Cost: $70.
-- Adult and pediatric first aid/CPR/AED, 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Tuesday. Cost: $110.
-- CPR/AED for professional rescuers and health care providers, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday. Cost: $110
-- Adult and pediatric CPR/AED 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. June 18. Cost: $90.
• Allegheny Valley Hospital is sponsoring the following classes at its Destination Wellness health resource center, the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, 590 Pittsburgh Mills Circle, Frazer. Call 724-274-5202 except where indicated.
-- Birth Basics, 6:30 to 9 p.m. Wednesday. Cost: $30 per couple. Call 412.578.7030 to register. Call to register at 412-578-7271. Maximum: 20 attendees.
-- Dining with Diabetes, 1 to 3 p.m. Thursdays from Thursday to July 11. Cost: 40 per individual; $55 per family, free for Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries. Space limited to 20. No class will be held on July 4. Sponsored in conjunction with Penn State Cooperative Extension.
-- Family & Friends CPR, 9 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday. Cost: $12. Space limited to 12.
-- Joslin Diabetes Center's Self-Management Education two-day evening series, 5 to 8 p.m. June 18 and 25. Call for registration, fees and details at 724-367-2400. Space limited to 20.
• Mon-Vale Health Resources is sponsoring a breastfeeding class from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. next Monday at its Mon-Vale HealthPLEX, 800 Plaza Drive, Rostraver. Partners and grandmothers are welcome and encouraged to attend. For more information, call 724-258-2229 ext. 25.
• The Westminster Recreation & Outreach Community of Westminster Presbyterian Church, 2040 Washington Road, Upper St. Clair, is hosting the following classes. Call 412-835-6630.
-- Aerobics, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Fridays from Friday to Aug. 23.
-- Full Body Strength, 8 to 9 a.m. Saturdays from Saturday to Aug. 24.
• The Blackridge Swim Club, 1200 Beulah Road, Churchill, is hosting five-week classes in Aqua Fitness & Aqua Zumba from 8 to 9 a.m. Tuesdays beginning June 18 and 10 to 11 a.m. Saturdays beginning June 22. To register, call 724-695-2239.
--?Compiled by Rick Nowlinhealth