• Blind and Vision Rehabilitation Services of Pittsburgh is offering free vision screenings for adults and children ages 3-5 noon-3 p.m. Friday at its Homestead location, 1800 West St. Appointments are not required. Information: 412-368-4400, ext. 2293.
• The Alle-Kiski Medical Center is sponsoring "Winter Wellness: The Mind-Body Connection" noon-1 p.m. Thursday at its Destination Wellness health resource center, the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, 590 Pittsburgh Mills Circle, Frazer. Speaker is Betsy Blazek-O'Neill, medical director of the Integrated Medicine Program at Allegheny General Hospital. Space is limited to 30. Register: 724-274-5202.
• Mon-Vale Health Resources is sponsoring "Innovations in Managing Thyroid Cancer" at 6 p.m. Thursday in the Anthony M. Lombardi Education Conference Center of Monongahela Valley Hospital, Carroll, as part of MVH's Innovations in Medicine series. Register: 724-258-1333.
• Monroeville Public Library, 4000 Gateway Campus Blvd., Monroeville, is hosting "Ergonomics to Reduce Injuries" 2-3 p.m. Friday. Speaker is Terry Taylor of the Monroeville office of Rehab Services. Call 412-372-0500.
• Excela Health is sponsoring the following classes. Call 1-877-771-1234.
-- Smoking cessation, six weeks, 5-6:30 p.m. Wednesdays beginning Jan. 16, first-floor conference rooms, Latrobe Hospital.
-- "Lamaze, It's Not All About Breathing," four weeks, 7-9 p.m. Thursdays beginning Jan. 17, first-floor conference rooms, Westmoreland Hospital, Greensburg.
• The American Red Cross is sponsoring a CPR/AED class for professional rescuers and health providers 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Thursday at its Downtown headquarters, 225 Blvd. of the Allies. $110. Call 1-888-733-2767.
• Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC is sponsoring Babysitting 101 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Saturday at its Pine Center. $35. Call 412-692-7105.
• Family Services of Southwestern Pennsylvania, 211 Huff Ave., South Greensburg, is sponsoring "ACT: Raising Safe Kids" 6:30-8:30 p.m. Mondays from Jan. 21 to March 11. Call 724-837-5410, ext. 702.
• The Valley Care Association, in conjunction with the Alzheimer's Association and Baby Boomers & Beyond Reality, is sponsoring a workshop for family caregivers 6-7:30 p.m. Jan. 23 at its Adult Day Services center, 650 Cherrington Parkway, Moon, as part of an ongoing series. Speakers are John Seitz from the Home Safe Home program and Mike Hess from Fox Rehabilitation. Reservations due by Jan. 21. Call 412-749-5257.
• Westminster Presbyterian Church, 2040 Washington Road, Upper St. Clair, is sponsoring the following classes on Tuesdays from Jan. 22 to March 12. Call 412-835-6630.
-- Arthritis Foundation exercise program, 11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
-- T'ai chi, 12:15-1:15 p.m.
• The Young Professionals Group of the Western Pennsylvania/West Virginia chapter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is sponsoring its annual Pour For a Cure, comprising a beer-tasting, 5:30-8:30 p.m. Jan. 24 at the PPG Wintergarden, Stanwix Street, Downtown. The cost is $50 per ticket, $20 for designated drivers, and tickets must be bought in advance. Call 412-395-2868.