• Voluto, Garfield is kicking of Deconstructed @ Voluto August 7 at 7 p.m. Visit www.volutocoffee.com for more information.
• 21st Street Coffee and Tea: beans from Intelligentsia Coffee and Tea. In the Strip District location, single-origin coffees include Guatemala Itzamna La Soledad; Honduras La Tortuga; Tanzania Edelweiss Finagro Estate; Costa Rica Flecha Roja. Both locations featuring new Black Cat Espresso blend with coffees from Brazil, Honduras and Bolivia.
Frick Building location: Featuring Guatemala Itzamna La Soledad; french press changes daily. 21streetcoffee.com; 412-281-0809 (Strip District); 412-281-2480 (Downtown).
• Aldo Coffee Company, Mt. Lebanon: beans from Intelligentsia. This week's single-origins include Tanzania Finagro, Nicaragua Los Delirios, Costa Rica Flecha Roja, Panama El Machete Washed, Honduras La Tortuga, Guatemala Itzamna La Maravilla, Guatemala Itzamna La Soledad (all direct trade); aldocoffee.com; 412-563-1220.
• Beaver Falls Coffee & Tea Company, Beaver Falls (Roaster): serving Guatemala Huehuetenango Finca Vista Hermosa, Timor Maubesse and Kenya AA Eeagads estate coffee. beaverfallscoffeeandtea.com; 724-843-4221.
• Big Dog Coffee, South Side: beans from Intelligentsia Roasters; serving Bolivia Anjilanaka El Diablo (organic). Brazil Agua Preta and Finca Santuario from Micay, Colombia, for retail sale only. bigdogcoffee.net; 412-586-7306.
• Blue Horse Coffee, Mt. Lebanon: beans from Counter Culture Coffee. Single-origin coffees include Ethiopia Shakisso, Kenya Ndaroini, Rwanda Rusenyi, Sumatra Dolok Sanggul, Bolivia French roast, Colombia La Golondrina, Peru Valle de Santuario, Honduras Finca El Puente, Guatemala Huehuetenango, Decaf Mexico Zaragoza, Decaf Peru; bluehorsecoffee.com; 412-341-6114.
• Espresso A Mano, Lawrenceville: beans from La Prima and Counter Culture. Currently offering a single origin espresso Ethiopian Idido Misty Valley, Counter Culture; single-origin coffees from La Prima include Ethiopian Sidamo (fair trade); single-origins from Counter Culture include Finca Nueva Armenia from Huhutenango, Guatemala (direct trade, organic); 1922 Blend Mocha Java; Rusenyi from Butare, Rwanda (direct trade); and Colombia La Golondrina (direct trade); 3623 Butler Street; 412-918-1864.
• La Prima Espresso, Strip District (Roaster): Origin coffees available for retail sale include Brazilian Daterra, Colombian Supremo Andeano, Colombian Mi Futuro (relationship), Costa Rica Harvest Reserve, Kenya French Mission Bourbon, Guatemala Finca Vista Hermosa (relationship) and Tanzania Peaberry; fair trade/organic beans include Ethiopia Sidamo, Ethiopia Yirgacheffe Oromia, East Timor, Sumatra Mandheling and Mexico Chiapas. laprima.com; 412-281-1922.
• Tazza D'Oro, Highland Park: beans from Verve Coffee. Contact cafe for current availability; tazzadoro.net; 412-362-3676.
• Voluto Coffee, Garfield: beans from 49th Parallel Coffee Roasters. Contact cafe for current availability; Voluto also has some new food items in the works, all made in the shop. Stop by to see what's available; volutocoffee.com; 412-661-3000.
• Beaver Falls Coffee & Tea Company: Free cuppings are held on the third Tuesday of every month at 7 p.m.
• La Prima offers a roaster tour and coffee class from 10 a.m.-noon on the first Saturday of each month. Learn about coffee types and espresso basics, and see a roast first-hand. $10; includes sampling, half-pound bag of coffee and biscotti. Space limited; 412-565-7070.
• Fresh Cup Cafe in Saxonburg is holding coffee classes the second Monday of each month. Learn about regional coffees, roastings and tastings. $8 for coffee, sweet and chocolate; 724-352-8181 or e-mail email@example.com.
For the most up-to-date information on available beans and special events, contact cafes directly.