Two weeks after the death of boyfriend Cory Monteith, Lea Michele has broken her silence on the tragedy, People reports.
Although her reps released two statements on her behalf following the death of her 31-year-old "Glee" co-star earlier this month, Michele, 26, had remained mum. On Monday, she remembered Monteith by sharing a personal snapshot and short message on her Instagram account.
"Thank you all for helping me through this time with your enormous love & support," the actress captioned the oceanside photo. "Cory will forever be in my heart."
The actress, who had been in Vancouver to grieve and make arrangements with Monteith's family, was back in Los Angeles to host a Thursday memorial attended by friends and co-stars of the actor, held on the Paramount studio lot where "Glee's" auditorium scenes are filmed.
Monteith died July 13 in a Vancouver hotel room after ingesting a lethal mix of heroin and alcohol.
He and Michele played an on-again, off-again couple in the popular Fox series and were an off-screen couple for about a year.
Two stars of "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" were indicted Monday on federal fraud charges, accused of exaggerating their income while applying for loans before their TV show debuted in 2009, then hiding their improving fortunes in a bankruptcy filing after their first season aired, says People.
Teresa Giudice, 41, and her husband, Giuseppe "Joe" Giudice, 43, of Montville Township, N.J., were charged in a 39-count indictment with conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud, bank fraud, making false statements on loan applications and bankruptcy fraud.
The reality TV stars submitted fraudulent mortgage and other loan applications from 2001 through 2008, a year before their show debuted on Bravo, making phony claims about their employment status and salaries, the indictment reads.
Joe Giudice also failed to file tax returns for the years 2004 through 2008, when he is alleged to have earned nearly $1 million, the government said.
Their attorneys did not return calls seeking comment. A spokesman for Bravo had no comment. The two were scheduled to make their initial court appearances today.
"The indictment returned today alleges the Giudices lied to the bankruptcy court, to the IRS and to a number of banks," U.S. Attorney Paul Fishman said. "Everyone has an obligation to tell the truth when dealing with the courts, paying their taxes and applying for loans or mortgages. That's reality."
When Teresa filed for a mortgage loan of $121,000 in 2001, she falsely claimed she worked as an executive assistant, submitting fake W-2 forms and fake pay stubs as part of the ruse, the indictment said.
In their petition for bankruptcy protection, initiated in October 2009, the couple concealed businesses they owned, rental income they received, and Teresa's true income from the "Real Housewives," website sales and personal appearances, the indictment said.
Leah Remini may have split from Scientology earlier this month, but she's not suddenly on her own.
"We stand united, my family and I, and I think that says a lot about who we are, and what we're about," the former "King of Queens" star, 43, told People on Saturday at the 15th annual DesignCare event in Malibu.
Remini, who tangled with the church, added, "I believe that people should be able to question things. I believe that people should value family, and value friendships, and hold those things sacrosanct. That for me, that's what I'm about. It wouldn't matter what it was, simply because no one is going to tell me how I need to think, no one is going to tell me who I can, and cannot, talk to."
The actress -- who was defended by the niece of David Miscavige, the most powerful man in Scientology -- explained, "It doesn't matter, it could be anything. I thought about the family being broken up for some other cause, and I'm not about to shut up."
After being a very visible member of the religion for more than three decades, following her departure, Remini thanked fans for their support.
"I wish to share my sincere and heartfelt appreciation for the overwhelming positive response I have received from the media, my colleagues, and from fans around the world. I am truly grateful and thankful for all your support," she said in a statement earlier this month.
Sam Simon, who made a fortune as co-creator of "The Simpsons," is enjoying giving away untold millions as he battles terminal colon cancer, People reports.
The nine-time Emmy-winning writer-producer, 58, says he is using his wealth to, among other causes, help shut down roadside zoos and abusive animal shows, fund a dog-rescue haven in Malibu, and fight hunger, he tells the Hollywood Reporter.
"I get pleasure from it. I love it. I don't feel like it is an obligation," says Simon, who more than 20 years ago co-created the animated FOX phenomenon with cartoonist Matt Groening.
"There is stuff happening, really good stuff, every week," says the upbeat Simon, who has had surgery and is undergoing chemotherapy.
A Stanford graduate raised in privilege in Beverly Hills, Simon, who is not married and has no children, was given a three- to six-month prognosis in May. He said his own family is fully taken care of. So now he's getting joy in his final days seeing his fortune -- tens of millions annually in royalties alone -- go to good use.
His Sam Simon Foundation in Malibu is worth $23 million, and other charities, like PETA, Save the Children and the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, have also been recipients of his largesse.
"I want medical experiments on animals stopped. They don't do anything, and they don't work," Simon said of his future wishes. "Veganism is an answer for almost every problem facing the world in terms of hunger and climate change."