On tap again at the Three Rivers Arts Festival is Art on Film. The features and shorts are part of Pittsburgh Filmmakers' annual series exploring artists and their creative process in photography, sculpture, drawing, painting, music, puppetry, architecture or video game design.
Movies are free at the Harris Theater, 809 Liberty Ave., Downtown Friday through June 14.
* "Cutie and the Boxer": An exploration of the marriage of "boxing" painter Ushio Shinohara and artist Noriko Shinohara. 7:30 p.m. Friday, repeats 8 p.m. Monday and 8:15 p.m. June 12.
* "Margo Lovelace and the Magic of Puppetry" and "Thaddeus Mosley, Sculptor": Post-Gazette art critic Mary Thomas wrote that Mr. Love's sensitive documentaries "reach beyond specifics to illuminate the grace and joy that these artists have contributed to our community. With almost fatherly care, he's distilled countless hours of research and interviews into half-hour profiles of gentility and the creative spirit." 3 p.m. Saturday, repeats 2 p.m. Sunday and 4:15 p.m. June 14.
* "Greenwich Village: Music That Defined a Generation": Singer-songwriters, authors and performers from the early 1960s reflect on becoming the voices of a generation. 4:30 p.m. Saturday, repeats 8:45 p.m. June 13.
* "Open City of Amereida": Local filmmaker Andres Tapia-Urzua explores a radical architectural project and community in Chile. 6:45 p.m. Saturday, repeats 3:15 p.m. Sunday, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday and 3 p.m. June 14.
* "Sign Painters": A look at sign painters still working with brushes, rather than computers and printers, in America. 8 p.m. Saturday, repeats 6:30 p.m. June 12.
* "Indie Game: The Movie": Portrait of a new breed of artist, the video game designer. 4:30 p.m. Sunday, repeats 7:30 p.m. June 14.
* "In No Great Hurry: 13 Lessons in Life With Saul Leiter": Film about the self-effacing street photographer as he cleans his cluttered apartment before his 2013 death. 6:30 p.m. Monday, repeats 5:45 p.m. June 14.
* "Antonio Gaudi": Japanese director Hiroshi Teshigahara takes viewers on a poetic, visual tour of Catalan architect Antonio Gaudi's work, all set to music. 7:45 p.m. Wednesday, repeats 7:15 p.m. June 13.