Hempfield -- The University of Pittsburgh will hold the following events at 7 p.m. in Room 118 of Village Hall unless otherwise indicated on its Greensburg campus, 150 Finoli Drive, as part of its annual Pitt-Greensburg Writers' Festival, sponsored by the university's Writing Program and Office of Academic Affairs. Information: 724-836-7481.
• Poet and editor Scott Silsbe, Monday. Kabeer Sahni and Khalil Ziegler, Pitt-Greensburg senior writing majors and poets, will open the event, reading from their own work.
• A night with filmmaker Tony Buba, Tuesday.
• Author Scott McClanahan, Wednesday. Kelly McGough and Alayssa Sarnovsky, Pitt-Greensburg senior writing majors and prose writers, will open the evening's reading.
• An evening with poets Yona Harvey, Sheryl St. Germain and Aaron Smith, next Thursday, Fireside Lounge. Katie Pagano and Megha Pai, Pitt-Greensburg senior writing majors and poets, will open.
Greensburg -- The Westmoreland Cultural Trust will sponsor the following shows at 7:30 p.m. except where indicated at the Palace Theatre, 21 W. Otterman St. Tickets: 724-836-8000 except where indicated.
• River City Brass, "Big Band & Doo-Wop Brass," Saturday. Tickets: $24-$31, $2 discount for children and seniors, 1-800-292-7222.
• The Beach Boys, Monday. Tickets: $45-$85. Presented by Latshaw Productions.
• Branson's Ozark Jubilee, 2 and 8 p.m. next Thursday. Tickets: $25-$35. Presented by Latshaw Productions.
• Michael W. Smith, April 12. Tickets: $35-$65. Presented by Latshaw Productions.
Greensburg -- The sacred music department of Seton Hill University will present "Generally German!" at 3 p.m. Sunday at First Presbyterian Church, 300 S. Main St. Information: 724-552-2904.
Greensburg -- The Westmoreland Museum of American Art, 221 N. Main St., will hold a "Book Box" art class for children ages 7-10 from 10 a.m. to noon April 13. The cost is $10, and registration is required. Information: 724-837-1500, ext. 10.
Greensburg -- The Westmoreland Museum of American Art will hold an open mic poetry night from 5 to 7 p.m. Friday in recognition of National Poetry Month. Information: 724-837-1500, ext. 19.
Monroeville -- St. Bernadette School will sponsor "An Evening Under the Big Top" at 5:30 p.m. April 13 at the DoubleTree Hotel, 101 Mall Blvd., Monroeville Mall. The cost is $75. Information: 412-372-7255.
Derry Township -- The state Department of Conservation and Natural Resources will sponsor a "Birds & Blooms" hike from 2 to 3 p.m. Saturday in Keystone State Park, 1150 Keystone Park Road. Information: 724-668-2566.
Unity -- The Westmoreland County Historical Society, Suite 1, 362 Sand Hill Road, will sponsor a trip to the Braddock's Field Museum, North Braddock; and the Rivers of Steel Heritage Museum, Homestead, on April 22. Lunch will be served at the Grand View Golf Club, North Braddock. The cost is $75, but $65 for society members, and the deadline is April 12. Reservations: 724-532-1935, ext. 210.
To include your event, send details with a daytime phone number to: Eastscape, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, 34 Blvd. of the Allies, Pittsburgh 15222; or email email@example.com. All information must be received two weeks before the publication date.