Monessen woman may have succumbed to CO poisoning

Share with others:

Print Email Read Later

A 77-year-old Monessen woman may have been exposed to lethal levels of carbon monoxide after using a gas oven to dry her clothing, according to the Westmoreland County coroner's office.

Authorities responded to Sandra Y. Troilo's apartment this morning after family members discovered she wasn't breathing, according to a press release. When emergency personnel arrived, their personal carbon monoxide detectors were activated.

She was pronounced dead at the scene.

The cause of death is still pending and the coroner's office will run toxicology tests to determine her carbon monoxide level, according to the release.

mobilehome - breaking - neigh_westmoreland

Molly Born: or 412-263-1944


Create a free PG account.
Already have an account?