Among late 1990s teen movies, "10 Things I Hate About You" has a better reputation than its peers. 10 years later, that also holds true for a new ABC Family TV series based on the movie.
Here are 10 things to know about the new half-hour show:
1. "10 Things" is easily the network's best comedy to date.
2. Sisters Kat (Lindsey Shaw) and Bianca (Meaghan Martin) move to town with their doctor dad (Larry Miller, reprising his role from the film) and approach their first day at a new school from two decidedly different angles.
3. Kat is a sharp-tongued feminist with a tendency to overreact; Bianca wants desperately to be accepted by mean, popular head cheerleader Chastity (Dana Davis), who immediately clashes with Kat.
Starring: Larry Miller.
4. Ethan Peck, grandson of actor Gregory Peck, plays the school bad boy, the character originated by Heath Ledger in the movie.
5. Gil Junger, who directed the "10 Things" movie, also directs Tuesday's premiere.
6. Carter Covington, previously a writer/producer for ABC Family's similarly entertaining "Greek," writes and executive produces "10 Things."
7. Unlike last month's ABC Family misfire "Make It or Break It," "10 Things" contains clever dialogue that's rooted in its characters.
8. When Kat's father overhears her taking a stand he asks, "Are you talking to me or the Democrats in your head?"
9. Bianca, feeling ostracized by the cool kids due to Kat's tiff with Chastity, announces, "I guess I'll join show choir. Closeted gay guys are fun."
10. Don't tell Fox's "Glee," but as new kid on the teen TV block, "10 Things" may not sing, but there's a lot about it to like.