City Theatre has filled out its 2013-14 season, including the return of "The Amish Project's" Jessica Dickey. Her musical play "Charles Ives Take Me Home," along with the dramas "The Mountaintop" and "Grounded," build the schedule to six plays, plus two limited-engagement presentations, Tami Dixon's "South Side Stories" and the musical "2 Pianos 4 HAndS." The season opens Oct. 12 with the new comedy "Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike," which is enjoying a successful Broadway run.
The full season schedule:
• Oct. 12-Nov. 3: "Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike" by Christopher Durang, directed by Tracy Brigden. A modern-day comedy with obvious Chekhovian overtones about middle-aged siblings gathered at a house in Bucks County, Pa. (Mainstage)
• Nov. 9-Dec. 15: "Charles Ives Take Me Home," by Jessica Dickey, directed by Matt M. Morrow. A father's love of music and a daughter's passion for basketball are at odds. (Hamburg Studio)
• Jan. 18-Feb. 9, 2014: "The Mountaintop" by Katori Hall. A flashback to April 3, 1968, in the Memphis motel room where the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. spent the last night of his life. (Mainstage)
• March 8--30, 2014: "Tribes" by Nina Raine, directed by Stuart Carden. In "Tribes," Billy, a deaf 20-something adept at lipreading, copes with his brash family and his affection for a woman who's losing her hearing. (Co-produced with Philadelphia Theatre Company; Mainstage)
• March 29-May 4, 2014: "Grounded" by George Brant. The one-woman show follows a gutsy fighter pilot whose unexpected pregnancy puts her career on hold. (Hamburg Studio)
• May 3--25, 2014: "Hope and Gravity" by Michael Hollinger, directed by Tracy Brigden. As elevators stop on random floors, 10 characters are revealed in this nonlinear comedy about fate from the writer of "Opus," which City premiered in 2006. (Mainstage)
• Nov. 30-Dec. 22: "2 Pianos 4 HAndS" by Ted Dykstra and Richard Greenblatt. Two actors, two pianos and dozens of characters tell the tale of two competitive musicians. (Mainstage)
• Jan. 8-26, 2014: "South Side Stories," written and performed by Tami Dixon. A return engagement. (Hamburg Studio)
Tickets: Single tickets start at $35; a six-play season is $157.50-$247.50 and flex packages are $210 or $270 at citytheatrecompany.org or 412-431-CITY (2489).