Third annual Post-Gazette Baseball Poll
Share with others:
The new season is still three days away, but PG readers are in mid-season form.
Nearly 5,000 (4,923 to be exact) responded to the Post-Gazette's third annual online poll.
Here are the results.
1. Although Barry Bonds has never tested positive for performance enhancing drugs, do you suspect that he has taken them in the past?
Can't decide 4%
2. If you were commissioner Bud Selig, what would you do once Barry Bonds reached 754 home runs -- one shy of Hank Aaron's all-time record?
Attend every game 35%
Stay away entirely 25%
Tape a message 21%
Stay away; send a rep 19%
3. Was the Pirates' 37-35 post-All-Star break record an aberration or a sign of things to come in 2007?
Sign of things to come 71%
4. Who is the most feared hitter in the game?
Albert Pujols 76%
Ryan Howard 8%
David Ortiz 11%
Barry Bonds 5%
5. Which team has the potential to be the 2007 season's Detroit Tigers?
Chicago Cubs 44%
Washington Nationals 8%
Kansas City Royals 6%
6. What player will have the greatest impact on his new team?
Daisuke Matsuzaka, Red Sox 28%
Adam LaRoche, Pirates 31%
Barry Zito, Giants 8%
Alfonso Soriano, Cubs 27%
Jason Schmidt, Dodgers 6%
7. What will Freddy Sanchez hit as an encore to his .344 National League batting championship season?
.265 or below 2%
.266 to .275 3%
.276 to .295 16%
.296 to .310 49%
.311 or better 30%
8. Who will have the greatest impact on the Pirates' fortunes this season?
Jason Bay 38%
Jim Tracy 17%
Salomon Torres 11%
Adam LaRoche 34%
9. Is the Pirates' move from radio flagship KDKA-AM (1020) to WPGB-FM (104.7) a positive or a negative?
10. What will be the dominant story of the 2007 major-league season?
Alex Rodriguez's relationship with the Yankees/New York fans 6%
Bonds' pursuit of Aaron 54%
The pennant races 12%
Arrival of Matsuzaka in Boston 7%
The first big name to be suspended for steroids 21%
First Published March 30, 2007 12:00 am