Penguins parade particulars
Share with others:
• PG map: Monday's Penguins Parade Route
• PG gallery: Pirates honor the Penguins at PNC Park
• PG blog: Lord Stanley visits PNC Park
Those people attending today's parade are encouraged to arrive early. Because temperatures are expected to be in the low-80s, fans should stay well-hydrated. There will not be portable toilets on or around the route.
The parade will travel down Grant Street, starting at Seventh Avenue, to the Boulevard of the Allies and end at Stanwix Street. A stage will be set up for the celebration, along with a Jumbotron for better viewing.
The city will have an additional 200 officers on patrol, and there will be extra fire and EMS personnel on hand.
The parade will result in several road closures, all slated to begin at 9:30 a.m. All roads are expected to reopen before the afternoon rush hour.
• The Grant Street ramp (both inbound and outbound). There will be no vehicular entrance from either the Parkway East or West.
• Stanwix Street Ramp from the Parkway East.
• Liberty Avenue Exit 6B Ramp exiting from the Fort Pitt Bridge.
• The ramp from the Fort Pitt Bridge to the Boulevard of the Allies.
First Published June 15, 2009 12:01 am