Defending champ rips RMU
Share with others:
Playing on the road against the defending Division I-AA champions, Robert Morris was not able to keep pace with North Dakota State, losing 52-0.
Leading, 17-0, at halftime, the Bison (1-0) broke open the game with a 21-point onslaught in the third quarter that put the game out of reach.
The Colonials (0-1) were outgained, 497-98, in total yards. Additionally, the 52 points surrendered were the most in Robert Morris history and the loss marked the first time in program history that the Colonials have been shut out.
• Old Dominion 57, Duquesne 23: The eighth-ranked Monarchs (1-0) outscored the Dukes (0-1), 30-3, in the fourth quarter to turn a one-score game into a blowout.
• Bridgewater 23, Saint Vincent 7: Willie Logan threw for 154 yards and two touchdowns as the Eagles (1-0) topped the host Bearcats (0-1).
• Washington & Jefferson 23, Methodist 6: The Presidents (1-0) got 232 passing yards from Matt Bliss en route to a win against the Monarchs (0-1).
• Waynesburg 34, Muskingum 23: A 20-point scoring surge in the fourth quarter gave the Yellow Jackets (1-0) the win against the Fighting Muskies (0-1).
• Carnegie Mellon 23, Grove City 20: A 45-yard touchdown pass from Rob Kalkstein to Tim Kikta with 5:06 remaining gave the Tartans (1-0) a victory against the visiting Wolverines (0-1).
• IUP 33, Southern Connecticut 6: Harvie Tuck ran for 185 yards and Montay Green added 101 more on the ground as the Crimson Hawks (1-0) cruised past the Owls (0-1).
First Published September 2, 2012 12:24 am