Quick Getaway: Spring
Share with others:
• Where: Harrisburg for the Pennsylvania Garden Expo at the Farm Show Complex.
• How far: Four hours from Downtown Pittsburgh.
• How much: $12.50 general admission at the door. Various senior and family discounts available on specific days.
• What for: To get a taste of spring. Featured gardens will be built on site by local landscapers. Gardens range from 1,000 to 2,500 square feet, with trees, shrubs, flowers, patios and paths, water falls, hot tubs, ponds, boulders, outdoor kitchens and fireplaces. In the Market Faire, there will be 200 exhibitors of products and services. Entertainment and food also will be offered.
• Hours: 10 a.m.-8 p.m. today and Saturday; 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday.
• Details and directions: www.pagardenexpo.org.
• Fun factor: Spring in February? Priceless.
First Published February 25, 2011 12:00 am