Little Bites: 10/20/11
Share with others:
• Iovino's Cafe, Mt. Lebanon, has reopened as Cafe io, offering a wide range of Mediterranean and American dishes from casual salads, burgers, smoothies and shakes to more refined appetizers and entrees. Drink options include wine, beer and spiked milkshakes. Cafe io is open Monday through Saturday, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.; www.iovinoscafe.com, 412-440-0414.
• Cornerstone Restaurant, Aspinwall, is holding a beer dinner featuring fall brews from Penn Brewery, Sierra Nevada, Brooklyn, Southern Tier & Woodchuck at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday; five courses paired with beer, $59 per person; www.cornerstonepgh.com,412-408-3420.
• Chef Justin Severino is teaming up with Clarion River Organics for a fall harvest dinner at 5:30 p.m. Oct. 29 at Shady Elms Farm in Hickory, Washington County. The five-course dinner will include a pairing of local spirits; proceeds subsidize Community Supported Agriculture shares for low-income customers; $75 per person, $65 for reservations before Oct. 22; ClarionRiverOrganics.Events@gmail.com, 412-508-5595.
• Gran Canal Caffe, Sharpsburg, is featuring fall specials through Nov. 12. Enjoy a complimentary cup of pumpkin leek soup with every entree. Other seasonal choices include pumpkin ravioli, pumpkin tiramisu, and apple tart with cinnamon gelato; www.grancanalcaffe.com, 412-781-2546.
• Whole Foods, East Liberty, is holding an apple festival from noon to 3 p.m. Saturday. Activities include cooking demonstrations and an apple tasting; wholefoodsmarket.com, 412-441-7960.
First Published October 20, 2011 12:00 am