Little Bites: 01/05/12
Share with others:
• Casbah is offering a special, truffle-focused menu Monday through Thursday next week. The four-course prix fixe will include dishes such as tagliatelle with guanciale, cipollini onions, arugula, Parmigiano-Reggiano and white alba truffles and white truffle-cherry panna cotta with brown butter madeleines; $90 per person, reservations recommended; www.bigburrito.com/casbah, 412-661-5656.
• Pittsburgh Restaurant Week, an event in which participating restaurants will offer special deals and prix fixe menus, will take place Jan. 16 to 22. Some deals include a three-course set menu for $15 at Bite Bistro in Bellevue, a three-course set menu for $30 at Eleven Contemporary Kitchen in the Strip District, a tapas-style meal with beer pairings for $20.12 at Bocktown Beer and Grille in Robinson and near Monaca, and a three- or four-course meal for $30 at The Porch at Schenley in Oakland. Participating restaurants have until Sunday to sign up; http://pittsburghrestaurantweek.com.
• WOMEN of Southwestern PA is holding its annual fundraiser dinner at 6 p.m. Jan. 27 at the Bella Sera event venue in Canonsburg. The event will feature signature dishes prepared by Kevin Sousa of Salt of the Earth; Brian Pekarcik of Spoon; Chet Garland of Toast! Kitchen & Wine Bar, BRIX and Rumfish; and Dominic Branduzzi of Piccolo Forno. Chef John Gruner of Giant Eagle's Market District will prepare the appetizers, and Sarris Chocolates will provide dessert. The event, which benefits women and children in need in Western Pennsylvania, also will include an auction and live entertainment; $75 per person, reservations required; www.womenofswpa.org, 724-514-7176.
• Cure, Lawrenceville, will make its debut Thursday with a casual gathering featuring passed hors d'eouvres, East End Brewing Co. beers and live music; $30 per person. The restaurant is accepting reservations for dinner starting Friday; curepittsburgh.com, 412 252-2595.
• Yo Rita, South Side, has a new executive chef. Jason Mooney, a native of Western Pennsylvania, studied at Johnson & Wales and went on to work at Le Bernardin in New York City, ultimately serving as the restaurant's sous chef. He spent time cooking in Philadelphia and Grenoble, France, before returning to Western Pennsylvania; www.yoritasouthside.com, 412-904-3557.
First Published January 5, 2012 12:00 am