Share with others:
• The Pittsburgh Psychoanalytic Center is sponsoring "Smoke and Ephemera: A Discussion of Art" from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Nov. 26 at the Mansions on Fifth, 5105 Fifth Ave., Shadyside. Speaker is faculty member Mario Fischetti. Donaton is $10, free for members, and space is limited. For reservations, call 412-661-4224.
• The Women's Auxiliary at Canonsburg General Hospital, North Strabane, is sponsoring a Holiday Basket Raffle, which is being displayed in the main lobby of the hospital from Nov. 23 through Dec. 4, when the winners are to be drawn at 2 p.m. Call 724-745-3913.
• To find a blood drive near you call:
-- The Central Blood Bank, 412-209-7000 or 1-800-310-9551.
-- The American Red Cross, 1-800-448-3543. For bloodmobile locations, check http://www.redcrosslife.org.
• Mon-Vale Health Resources is sponsoring "Innovations in Shoulder Pain" at 6 p.m. Nov. 27 in the Anthony M. Lombardi Education Conference Center at Monongahela Valley Hospital, Carroll, as part of MVH's "Innovations in Medicine" series. Speaker is Richard Mitchell. To register, call 724-258-1333.
• Excela Health is sponsoring the following classes from 7 to 9:30 p.m. in the Memorial Conference Center, on the ground floor of Westmoreland Hospital, Greensburg, unless otherwise indicated. Call 1-877-771-1234.
-- Infant Care, Nov. 20 and 27.
-- "Lamaze, It's Not All About Breathing," four weeks, 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesdays beginning Nov. 21, auditorium A, first floor, Latrobe Hospital.
-- Car Seat Safety, Nov. 27.
• Penn State Extension is offering a food safety training course from 4 to 9 p.m. Nov. 26 and 27 at its Westmoreland County office, Suite E, 214 Donohoe Road, Hempfield. An examination will be held at 5 p.m. Dec. 5. The cost is $175, which includes the course book, instructional materials and refreshment breaks, and the deadline is Nov. 21. To register or for more information, call 724-837-1402.
• Mon-Vale Health Resources is sponsoring the following classes from 6 to 9 p.m. in the Anthony M. Lombardi Education Conference Center at Monongahela Valley Hospital, Carroll, except where indicated. Call 724-684-9536 except where indicated.
-- Breastfeeding Class, 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Nov. 26, Mon-Vale HealthPLEX, 800 Plaza Drive, Rostraver. For more information, call 724-258-2229, ext. 25.
-- Adult CPR, Nov. 27. Cost: $40. Sponsored in conjunction with Valley Health and Safety Training Center.
-- Adult first aid, Nov. 29. Cost: $30. Sponsored in conjunction with Valley Health and Safety Training Center.
• Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC is sponsoring "Avoid Power Struggles with Your Kids" from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Nov. 26 at its Pine satellite center. The cost is $5, and registration is required. Call 412-692-7105.
• The Southwestern Pennsylvania chapter of the American Red Cross is sponsoring an adult CPR/AED class from 6 to 9 p.m. Nov. 27 at its Butler County office, 312 Mercer St., Butler. The cost is $70. To register, call 1-888-733-2767.
• The Integrated Medicine Program and Lupus Center of Excellence of the West Penn Allegheny Health System, in cooperation with the Arthritis Foundation, is holding the following eight-week classes in t'ai chi. The cost is $75 for one class per week, $130 for two classes. To register, call 412-362-8677.
-- Noon Mondays beginning Nov. 26 or 4:15 p.m. Wednesdays beginning Nov. 28, Professional Building, Allegheny General Hospital, North Side.
-- 9:45 or 11 a.m. Wednesdays beginning Nov. 28 or 11 a.m. or noon Fridays beginning Nov. 30, WPAHS Outpatient Care Center in 160 Gallery Drive, Peters.
• Self Help Group Network, a service of PA 2-1-1 Southwest, provides a database of support groups. Call 412-255-1155.
First Published November 19, 2012 12:00 am