Share with others:
• The Spina Bifida Association of Western Pennsylvania, Family Resources and members of the Kingdom Assignment Team at New Community Church are sponsoring "Where to Turn for Help," a free seminar linking people in need with resources for spiritual, mental and physical well-being, from 6:30 to 9 p.m. Nov. 15 at the Family Retreat Center, 1100 Freeport Road, Marshall. Programs on addiction, eldercare and family issues will be available, as well as information from numerous support agencies. To register or for more information, call 724-934-9600.
• Mon-Vale Heath Resources is sponsoring a Light-Up Night at 7 p.m. Nov. 19 at Monongahela Valley Hospital, Carroll. There will be entertainment, hot chocolate, Christmas carols, and a visit from Santa and Mrs. Claus. The Auxiliary of Mon-Vale Health Resources Inc. is selling baked goods and raffle tickets for decorative Christmas items in the hospital's main lobby. Call 724-258-1234.
• Excela Health is sponsoring a travel-themed presentation for those with diabetes at 12:30 p.m. Nov. 18 at the Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center, 100 Ramada Inn Drive, Hempfield. Included are a talk on diabetes management, a walkabout foot screening, a cooking demonstration, a presentation on weight-loss surgery, and an "in-flight" movie, "Gone With the Wound." For reservations, call 1-877-771-1234.
• The Western Pennsylvania chapter of the National Hemophilia Foundation is holding a Take a Bough tree auction from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nov. 16 at the Shoppes at Station Square. Call 724-741-6160.
• Mon-Vale Health Resources is sponsoring a carbon monoxide screening from 3 to 5 p.m. Nov. 15 at its Healthy Directions health resource center at the Finleyville Giant Eagle, 3701 Brownsville Road, Union, in conjunction with the Great American Smoke Out. For information: 724-348-6699.
• To find a blood drive near you call:
The Central Blood Bank, 412-209-7000 or 1-800-310-9551.
The American Red Cross, 1-800-448-3543. For bloodmobile locations, check http://www.redcrosslife.org.
• Mon-Vale Health Resources is sponsoring the following programs.
-- Innovations in Acid Reflux Disease, 6 p.m. Nov. 13, Anthony M. Lombardi Education Conference Center, Monongahela Valley Hospital. Speaker: Dr. Hiram A. Gonzales. To register, call 724-258-1333. Part of MVH's "Innovations in Medicine" series.
-- Grocery Store Tour, 1 to 3 p.m. Nov. 15, Healthy Directions at the Finleyville Giant Eagle, 3701 Brownsville Road, Union. Includes "I Have Diabetes. What Can I Eat?" Advance registration required; space limited. Call 724-258-1483.
• The Alle-Kiski Medical Center is sponsoring a Highmark "Clear the Air: Tobacco Cessation" session from 6 to 7 p.m. Nov. 15 at its Destination Wellness health resources center, the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, 590 Pittsburgh Mills Circle, Frazer. Space is limited to 20. To register: 724-274-5202.
• Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh/UPMC is sponsoring the following classes from 7 to 8:30 p.m. unless otherwise indicated at its Pine satellite center. Registration is required. Call 412-692-7105.
-- Happiest Baby on the Block, today. Cost: $35 per couple.
-- Alone at Home, Nov. 15. Cost: $10 per family.
-- Babysitting 101, 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Nov. 17. Cost: $35.
• The Southwestern Pennsylvania chapter of American Red Cross is sponsoring the following safety classes on Nov. 15 at its Downtown headquarters, 225 Blvd. of the Allies, unless otherwise indicated. To register: 1-888-733-2767.
-- CPR/AED for professional rescuers and health care providers, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Cost: $110.
-- Adult CPR/AED review, 6 to 9 p.m., Butler County office, 312 Mercer St., Butler. Cost: $55
-- Adult first aid/CPR/AED, 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Nov. 17. Cost: $90.
• The Alle-Kiski Medical Center is sponsoring the following classes at its Destination Wellness health resources center, the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, 590 Pittsburgh Mills Circle, Frazer. Space is limited to 20.
-- Birth Basics, 6:30 to 9 p.m. Nov. 15. Cost: $30 per couple. Call to register at 412-578-7271.
-- Joslin Diabetes Center's Self-Management Education one-day class, 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Nov. 17. For registration, fees and details, call 724-367-2400.
• Excela Health is sponsoring the following classes. Call 1-877-771-1234.
-- Childbirth and Beyond, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Nov. 17, auditorium A and B, first floor, Latrobe Hospital.
-- "Look Good ... Feel Better," cosmetology workshop for women cancer patients, 1 to 3 p.m. Nov. 19, conference rooms B and C, first floor, Frick Hospital, Mount Pleasant Borough.
• Self Help Group Network, a service PA 2-1-1 Southwest, provides a database of support groups. Call: 412-255-1155.
• Penn State Cooperative Extension in Hempfield is offering tips to quit smoking in recognition of the Great American Smoke Out on Nov. 15. Call 1-888-664-2248.
First Published November 12, 2012 12:00 am