Share with others:
• Unity Community Presbyterian Church, 215 Unity Center Road, Plum, is holding a jazzercise fundraiser from 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday. A jazz dance class will take place at 10 a.m., with raffles from 11 to 11:30 a.m. Proceeds benefit the Arthritis Foundation and the American Cancer Society. Call 412-779-3600.
• The Village at St. Barnabas, 5850 Meridian Road, Richland, is presenting "What's New in Audiology?" 1:30 p.m. Wednesday as part of its ongoing "Doc's Talk" series. Presenter is Evelyn Wiest-Kerst, audiologist with St. Barnabas Medical Center. Information: 724-443-7231.
• Excela Health is sponsoring the following classes at Westmoreland Hospital, Greensburg, unless otherwise indicated. Call 1-877-771-1234.
-- Childbirth and Beyond, three-week class meets 7 to 9:30 p.m. Wednesdays beginning July 11, Memorial Conference Center, ground floor.
-- "Lamaze, It's Not All About Breathing," 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 14, conference room A, first floor.
-- "Look Good ... Feel Better," cosmetology seminar for women cancer patients, 6 to 8 p.m. July 16, conference rooms B and C, first floor, Frick Hospital, Mount Pleasant Borough.
-- Friends and Family Infant/Child CPR, 6 to 9 p.m., July 17, first floor conference rooms.
• The Southwestern Pennsylvania chapter of the American Red Cross is sponsoring the following classes. Call 1-888-733-2767.
-- Adult first aid/CPR/AED, 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. July 12, Downtown headquarters, 225 Blvd. of the Allies; or Westmoreland County office, suite B, 351 Harvey Ave., Greensburg; or 6 to 9:30 p.m. July 17 and 19, Lawrence County office, 222 N. Mercer St., New Castle. Cost: $90.
-- Babysitter's Training, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. July 14, Downtown and Greensburg. Cost: $85.
-- Adult CPR/AED, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. July 14, New Castle. Cost: $70.
-- Adult standard first aid with CPR/AED, 8 to 10:30 a.m. July 16, Downtown and Greensburg. Cost: $72. Also available online.
-- Adult and pediatric CPR/AED, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. July 17, Downtown and Greensburg. Cost: $90.
• Alle-Kiski Medical Center is sponsoring the following classes at its Destination Wellness health resource center, the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, 590 Pittsburgh Mills Circle, Frazer. To register, call 724-274-5202.
-- Safe Sitter babysitting course, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. July 14. Cost: $50 per student, space limited to six.
-- Basic life support for healthcare provider/CPR renewal, 5 to 9 p.m. July 17. Cost: $30, includes required manual.
• Penn State Extension is offering a food safety training course from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 17 and 9 a.m. to noon July 24 at its Westmoreland County office, Suite E, 214 Donohoe Road, Hempfield. An examination will be held 1 p.m. July 24. The cost is $175, which includes the course book, instructional materials and refreshment breaks. Registration is required by July 13 at 1-877-489-1398.
• UPMC Sports Medicine is hosting a Student Athletic Training Aide Workshop for high school students who may be interested in a sports-medicine career or enhancing their athletic training-room skills from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. July 31 to Aug. 2 at the Ellis School, 6425 Fifth Ave., Shadyside. The fee for the program is $55 if paid by July 13, $65 after that date, and it includes course and lab materials, daily breakfast and lunch, plus a T-shirt. Optional CPR and AED certifications are available for an additional $10 total. Space is limited. Call 412-432-3770.
--?Compiled by Rick Nowlin
First Published July 9, 2012 12:41 am