Share with others:
• Blind and Vision Rehabilitation Services of Pittsburgh is sponsoring a Technology Day featuring the latest technology for persons who are blind or vision impaired from 9 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m. Oct. 5 at the Western Pennsylvania School for Blind Children, 201 N. Bellefield Ave., Oakland. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. 412-368-4400 ext. 3415.
• Excela Health's Pregnancy Loss Support Group is inviting parents and those suffering from a newborn loss to A Walk to Remember, 1 p.m. Oct. 7 at Reflection Island, Upper Lake, Twin Lakes Park, Hempfield. Call 1-877-771-1234.
• The Auxiliary of Mon-Vale Health Resources Inc. is sponsoring an Apple/Fall Festival from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Oct. 5 in the Outdoor Central Plaza and the Anthony M. Lombardi Education Conference Center of Monongahela Valley Hospital, Carroll. 724-258-1167.
• The Coalition for Leadership, Education and Advocacy for Recovery & Oasis Recovery Center is sponsoring the following events at the New Hazlett Theatre, 6 Allegheny Square East, North Side. 412-281-8362.
-- "A Night of Recovery Comedy" with Tim Grealish; "New York Nick" Kapelonis & "Lou" from Waterworks; and "The Partying Padre," the Rev. Jay Geisler, 7:30 p.m. Oct. 5. $20.
-- Jazz concert by the Craig Davis Consortium, including local artists Mark Strickland and Roger Humphries, Oct. 6. $50.
• Mon-Vale Health Resources is sponsoring a bone density screening from 1 to 3 p.m. Oct. 3 at its Healthy Directions health resource center, Finleyville Giant Eagle, 3701 Brownsville Road, Union. Walk-ins welcome. For more information, call 724-348-6699.
• Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC is offering the following classes. Registration is required and scholarships are available. 412-692-7105.
-- Happiest Baby on the Block, 7 to 8:30 p.m. today, Pine Center. Cost: $35 per couple.
-- Babysitting 101, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Oct. 6, UPMC East, Monroeville, Saturday. Cost: $35.
• The Alle-Kiski Medical Center is offering the following classes at its Destination Wellness health resource center, the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, 590 Pittsburgh Mills Circle, Frazer. To register, call 724-274-5202 unless otherwise indicated. Space limited to 20.
-- Highmark Discover Relaxation Within I, 6 to 7:30 p.m. Thursdays Oct. 4-25. Cost: $65, free for Highmark members.
-- Joslin Diabetes Center's Self-Management Education one-day class, 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Oct. 6. Call for registration, fees and details at 724-367-2400. Space limited to 20.
-- Highmark Osteoporosis Prevention & Education, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Tuesdays Oct. 9-30. Cost: $100, free for Highmark members.
• Excela Health is sponsoring the following classes at Westmoreland Hospital, Greensburg, unless otherwise indicated. Call 1-877-771-1234.
-- Your Changing Body for Girls, 6 to 9 p.m. Oct. 5, Memorial Conference Center, ground floor.
-- Your Changing Body for Boys, 10 a.m. to noon Oct. 6, Memorial Conference Center.
-- Friends and Family infant/child CPR, 6 to 9 p.m. Oct. 9, auditorium A/B, first floor, Latrobe Hospital.
-- Sibling class, for children ages 3-8 of expectant parents, 6 to 8 p.m. Oct. 9, first floor conference rooms A and D. Big brothers and big sisters should bring a baby doll or stuffed animal.
• Mon-Vale Health Resources is sponsoring a Baby Care Class for first-time parents from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Oct. 8 at its Mon-Vale HealthPLEX, Rostraver. Topics include home safety, car seat safety, immunizations, breast and bottle feeding, pacifiers, and bathing an infant. 724-258-2229.
• Hospice Care of The Washington Hospital is offering a six-week program on grief from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Mondays from Oct. 8 to Nov. 12 at Donnell House, 10 Leet St., Washington, Pa. To register, call 724-250-4500.
First Published October 1, 2012 12:00 am