Two dead in Clairton from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning
Share with others:
Two men who died from what appears to be carbon monoxide poisoning in Clairton have been identifed.
William Chapman, 56, and Gary Townsend, 47, both of Clairton, were found dead before 6 p.m. in Mr. Chapman's Mitchell Street home. Police told KDKA-TV a broken furnace in Mr. Chapman's home appeared to be the source of the carbon monoxide leak. Police also said Mr. Townsend came to visit Mr. Chapman, a friend of 40 years, after he was released from the hospital on Friday.
Autopsies for both men are scheduled for tomorrow.
First Published January 19, 2013 6:34 pm