Mt. Lebanon boy's death ruled accident
Share with others:
The Allegheny County medical examiner's office has ruled the February death of a 13-year-old Mt. Lebanon boy an accident.
The parents of Ian Cohen have said the boy, whose cause of death is listed as asphyxiation by hanging, died as a result of playing the choking game, an activity that involves cutting off the oxygen supply to the brain and getting a high when blood flow returns.
The boy's father spoke emphatically at the funeral that the death was not a suicide.
Investigators with the medical examiner's office would not confirm whether the choking game was involved in the death.
First Published March 22, 2006 12:00 am