Gas leak at school
Share with others:
An apparent natural gas leak led to the evacuation yesterday of the First Street Elementary School in the Canon-McMillan School District.
Superintendent Nick Bayat said the apparent leak was about a block from the school.
The Washington County school was evacuated about an hour before dismissal time. The students were moved to the stadium, and parents were called to pick them up.
School was expected to be in session today.
Campbells Run work
Campbells Run Road near the Interstate 79 overpass in Collier will be closed from 10 p.m. today until 10 p.m. tomorrow, weather permitting, for work on the overhead structure.
Detours to and from Carnegie will be posted, using Baldwin, McCormick and McMichael roads.
First Published April 28, 2006 12:00 am