Write for the PG's Portfolio section
Share with others:
Portfolio is happy to consider printing readers' essays ranging in length up to 750 words. Send submissions (including your name and contact information) in the following categories by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or write to Portfolio, Post-Gazette, 34 Blvd. of the Allies, Pittsburgh, PA 15222.
• Be My Valentine: During February, we'll spotlight special love stories if people write them well about their own relationship or others they've admired.
• Winter Musings: The cold and snow can generate all kinds of experiences, memories and feelings different from the rest of the year, and we'll put the best of those into print.
• Animal Tales: We'll continue the series in which people tell about their most interesting pets or other animal encounters.
• Cruising Memory Lane: Everyone has had a vehicle with special meaning to them at some point -- tell the story of yours.
• Raves: Sing the praises of some present-day, Pittsburgh-area setting or activity you want others to know about. (We'll avoid commercial endorsements, however.)
• Biography: If a person you know or knew lived an interesting life worth others reading about, let us know how -- with concrete details and colorful anecdotes that bring that person to life.
• Storytelling: Reminisce about something meaningful -- an event, location, job, etc. -- that has some sort of Pittsburgh connection to it.
• Local Dispatch: A catch-all category in which we'll showcase good writing on a variety of topics related to Western Pennsylvania.
First Published February 7, 2013 3:54 pm