Smoke inhalation claims West Deer man
Share with others:
A 49-year-old man died yesterday from smoke inhalation after a fire at his West Deer home, according to the Allegheny County medical examiner's office.
Barry Krop was found dead in his house in the 3500 block of Huntertown Road about 6:40 p.m.
The fire may have originated from a candle in a bedroom, Allegheny County police Lt. Bill Palmer said.
The power in Mr. Krop's home had been shut off several days before, and Mr. Krop was using candles to provide light, Lt. Palmer said.
County homicide detectives had been investigating the death before the medical examiner ruled it was an accident.
First Published October 9, 2009 10:13 am