2 pet dogs poisoned, die in Indiana, Pa.
Share with others:
Two pet dogs in Indiana County died after they were poisoned Halloween night in Indiana Borough, police said.
A family in the borough said their two dogs -- a 3-year-old Welsh corgi and a 10-year-old Collie-Labrador mix -- had been tied in the back yard while the family went trick-or-treating with their children, Indiana police Sgt. William Vojtek said.
When they returned, they found the animals sickened and vomiting hot dogs and macaroni and cheese.
The corgi died Sunday morning at the residence.
The older dog was taken to a veterinarian, who diagnosed the animal with kidney failure due to antifreeze poisoning, Sgt. Vojtek said.
The vet euthanized the Collie.
Police said the family lives in a neighborhood prone to vandalism and theft from residents' back yards.
The area includes a number of student housing units.
Police still are investigating, seeking interviews with other residents in the neighborhood, Sgt. Vojtek said.
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call Indiana police at 724-349-2121.
First Published November 4, 2008 3:15 pm