Places to rock on New Year's Eve
Share with others:
Wild Cincinnati glam band Foxy Shazam brings "The Church of Rock and Roll" tour to Mr. Smalls, Millvale, with special guests There There and The Semi-Supervillains at 9 p.m. Call 1-866-468-3401.
• Altar Bar gets the Led out with the all-female Lez Zeppelin paying tribute to the hard rock gods. It begins at 8 p.m. Tickets are $30; $75 for a VIP package. www.ticketfly.com.
• It's an eclectic party at the Brillobox, Bloomfield, with the global dance extravaganza Pandemic, along with Pittsburgh Track Authority (integrating classic Detroit-style techno, deep house, electro and disco) and the alt-country/indie-rock of the Harlan Twins. Doors open at 9 p.m. www.brillobox.net.
• The Gateway Clipper hits the waters with a New Year's Eve Dance Cruise ($50) and a New Year's Eve Hors D'oeuvres DJ Dance Cruise ($70), sailing from 9:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. 412-355-7980.
• Howlers Coyote Cafe in Bloomfield rolls with the rockabilly of The Bessemers and Lucky The Painproof DJ. It begins at 9 p.m. Tickets are $5; $8 per couple.
• It's New Year's Undead Eve at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Bethel Park, where revelers are asked to dress in their most ghoulish semi-formal attire for a disc jockey, cash bar, door prizes and a raffle to benefit Scares That Care. It begins at 10 p.m. Presented by Horror Realm, a fan-based horror film organization. 1-888-718-4253.
• 6119 -- the VIA space at 6119 Penn Ave. in East Liberty -- presents the NYYE (New You Year's Eve) with Brenmar, MikeQ, Shisa, Lauren G, Edgar Um, Keeb$ and Aaron Clark at 9 p.m. $13.
• NYE at the Shadow Lounge (5972 Baum Blvd.) and AVA (126 S. Highland Ave.) in East Liberty will feature DJ Nate Da Phat Barber, DJ Selecta, DJ SMI and DJ Big Phil. Admission is $10. www.shadowlounge.net.
• The Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium offers at Noon Year's Eve beginning at 11 a.m. with Radio Disney disc jockeys, noisemakers and party hats, live entertainment and more. 412-665-3640.
• Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, which is presenting the Winter Flower Show, features a New Year's Eve Family Celebration from 6 to 9 p.m. with an early countdown at 8:45 p.m. All activities are free with paid Conservatory admission. 412-622-6914.
• The Andy Warhol Museum will have special holiday hours from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
First Published December 27, 2012 12:00 am