Share with others:
Starting today, send restaurant and dining news to email@example.com. Remember that listings in Little Bites are free and widely read so be sure to send in information about restaurant openings, specials, new menus, tastings, wine diners, food festivals and more.
• Osteria 2350, Strip District, has begun holding a wine and cooking class at 6 p.m. on the last Wednesday of each month, starting July 25. The first class features a meal and wine pairing inspired by Tuscany. $45 per person, credit card reservation required; www.osteria2350pittsburgh.com, 412-281-3090.
• Friday night, the Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership and Rugby Realty are sponsoring a one-night addition to the Cultural District Gallery Crawl. They're converting the parking lot at 7th and Liberty Avenue to a night market with 15 vendors and food from Meat and Potatoes and future Downtown resident Conflict Kitchen. The market will be open from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m.
• Morton's the Steakhouse, Downtown, has added more than a dozen new menu items, including an ahi tuna tower, pepper-crusted beef tenderloin carpaccio, a chopped spinach salad and a bone-in veal chop. www.mortons.com/pittsburgh, 412-261-7141.
• Capital Grille, Downtown, has brought back the Generous Pour wine event through the end of July. Enjoy unlimited pours of nine different wines selected by master sommelier George Miliotes for $25 with dinner; www. thecapitalgrille.com, 412-338-9100.
• The Gateway Clipper Fleet has appointed a new executive chef. John Logan previously spent 21 years as the executive chef of the Pittsburgh Golf Club. www.gatewayclipper.com, 412-355-7980.
First Published July 12, 2012 12:00 am