Little Bites: Meat & Potatoes open for lunch; pig roast at Restaurant Echo
Share with others:
• Meat and Potatoes, Downtown, has begun serving lunch, 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Wednesday-Friday; www.meatandpotatoespgh.com, 412-325-7007.
• Green Mango, Regent Square, is closing as of July 1, to allow owners Mark and Janfong Robinson to spend more time at home. The Monroeville location will remain open; www.thegreenmango.com, 412-824-9500.
• The University Club, Oakland, is holding a Passport to Wine event at 6 p.m. Monday featuring wines from Australia and New Zealand along with suitable food. $25 per person, reservations required; 412-648-8213.
• Cornerstone Restaurant, Aspinwall, offers a lobster dinner each Wednesday night: a two-pound steamed Maine lobster with fries, corn on the cob and choice of soup or salad for $29.95. Reserve lobsters by Wednesday morning; www.cornerstonepgh.com, 412-408-3258.
• Restaurant Echo, Cranberry, is holding a pig roast at 6 p.m. on June 28; roast pig, cold salads, beer, ice pops; $40 per person, tax and gratuity included; reservations suggested; restaurantecho.com, 724-779-3246.
• Green Gables Restaurant, Jennerstown, is holding first Friday wine tastings from 6 to 8 p.m. in July and August featuring wines from the Tuscany region. Each tasting will feature six wines and a selection of light hors d'oeuvres. $35 per person; www.greengablesrestaurant.com, 1-814-629-9201.
• The Destiny Hill Farm Lavender Festival will celebrate family, farm, food and flowers with plant sales, demos, lectures, vendors, local produce and artists. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. June 30 and July 1 at Destiny Hill farm, Washington. $8 admission; free for children 12 and under. destinyhill.com.
• Pittsburgh Brewmasters next beer tastings will be held at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Bado's Pizza Grill & Ale House on Beverly Road in Mt. Lebanon, and at 7 p.m. Wednesday, July 18, at Duke's Rib House & Grille on Cochran Road in Scott. Learn more about the group and register at pghbrewmasters.com.
• Get a free iced coffee through 4 p.m. today at any Bruegger's location by first downloading a coupon on Bruegger's Facebook page and bringing it to the store. While there, donate your spare change in counter canisters for Children's Miracle Network hospitals. Also, you'll have the opportunity to buy $10 worth of Bruegger's coupons in a booklet priced at $1 -- also a Children's Miracle Network fundraiser. No purchase is necessary to get the free drink.
First Published June 21, 2012 12:00 am