Share with others:
• Taste of Beechview: It wasn't long ago that the city's Beechview neighborhood didn't even have a grocery. Now it's having a "Taste of Beechview" event to showcase some of its eateries and local producers and farmers. Hosted by the neighborhood's Crested Duck Charcuterie, the free outdoor food festival -- from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at the corner of Broadway Avenue and Hampshire Road -- also will feature Brew Coffee Shop, Slice on Broadway, Lunardis, Casa Rasta, Tupelo Honey Teas, IGA Market on Broadway, Yo Rita, Meat and Potatoes, Churchview Farms, Farmer's Wife Farm and North Woods Farm. Crested Duck's Adam Costa says, "The restaurants will be offering small bites for a nominal fee, and the farmers will have seedlings and produce for sale."
-- Bob Batz Jr.
• Casbah Mediterranean Kitchen and Wine Bar, Shadyside, will celebrate PastaFest June 18-21. Executive chef Eli Wahl will supplement the regular menu with more than a dozen pastas, including capellini with goat confit, wild mushroom and Swiss chard ravioli with sweet corn puree and sheep's milk gnudi with tomato vinaigrette; pastas $11 to $16, reservations encouraged; www.bigburrito.com/casbah, 412-661-5656.
• Hyeholde in Moon is celebrating a new garden patio and outdoor bar from 5 to 8 p.m. June 15; the grand opening will include sangria, beer and light fare; $28 per person, cash bar available; www.hyeholde.com, 412-264-3116.
• Hidden Valley Resort, Hidden Valley, is holding a "Pick Your Passion" dinner at 7 p.m. June 16. Guests may choose from wine and beer pairings; beer selections come from Penn Brewery; $50 per person; www.hiddenvalleyresort.com, 1-814-443-8000, ext. 346.
• Cafe Notte, Emsworth, has introduced a new Italian and American menu from new executive chefs Keith McKee and Eric Leibering; www.cafenottepgh.com, 412-761-2233.
• Braddock's American Brasserie at the Renaissance Hotel, Downtown, has introduced a number of new menu items, including pierogies of the day in flavors ranging from wild mushroom to barbecue chicken, as well as new dessert offerings, such as gourmet pretzels and a housemade candy bar; www.braddocksrestaurant.com, 412-992-2005.
• Crested Duck, Beechview, and Wigle Whiskey are teaming for a Father's Day dinner at 7 p.m. June 15 at the Strip District distillery. The five-course menu will be paired with whiskey cocktails; $95 per person, reservations and pre-payment required; wiglewhiskey.com.
First Published June 7, 2012 12:00 am