Dateline Pittsburgh: 8/11/2010
Share with others:
• Schneider Downs Wealth Management Advisors, LP, an independent investment advisory firm serving both individuals and retirement plan sponsors, changed its name change for its retirement plan division to SD Retirement Plan Solutions (SD-RPS) effective July 01, 2010. The firm has offices in both Pittsburgh, PA, and Columbus, OH. SD-RPS provides plan design guidance, investment advice, retirement income planning, plan administration and concierge type access to financial products and services. The firm provides service to more than 10,000 retirement plan participants and individual clients in 26 states. SD-RPS is integrated with Schneider Downs & Co., Inc., a regional accounting, tax and business advisory services firm. Visit www.sdwealthmanagement.com.
• Divanation, LLC, an identity- and narrative-development consultancy that focuses on women's leadership, change its name to Naridus International. Naridus will remain based in Pittsburgh with an office in Johannesburg, South Africa.
• Plato's Closet of Bridgeville recently opened at 1025 Washington Pike, Chartiers Valley Shopping Center. The clothing store buys and sells guys and girls gently used, brand-name clothing and accessories including shoes, belts, purses, jewelry and other teen items. The opening in Bridgeville is part of the brand's expansion plan which calls for 12 additional locations throughout Pennsylvania. Plato's Closet's parent company, Winmark Corporation, which also franchises Play It Again Sports, Once Upon A Child, and Music Go Round, has put into motion a growth program to elevate its franchise presence in the Pennsylvania market with more than 40 additional locations in the coming years across all brands. Visit the Web site, http://platosclosetbridgeville.com.
• ALDI opened a store at 4578 Route 8, Allison Park. Known for its premium ALDI select brands, ALDI offers high quality grocery items at low prices. Hours are 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday.
• The optometric practices of Drs. Marc R. Werksman and Karen Brankley have moved to Vincett Eye Care Associates, located at 645 Rodi Road, Penn Hills. The doctors formerly provided eye care next to LensCrafters in the Monroeville Mall Annex. Dr. Werksman and Dr. Brankley have been practicing optometry since 1985. Call 412-256-2020.
Wrecking Crew Media, a Pittsburgh based Media Production Company, will relocate to the 8th floor of 209 Ninth Street on August 16, 2010. The new production studio will feature 3,200 square feet of creative space, equipped with two new Final Cut Pro editing studios, a new audio control and live room and a 500 square foot sound stage.
• Landau Building Co. was awarded a contract by MedExpress to construct an interior fit-out of a new facility in Johnstown, PA.
• Virtual Edge Collaborative was hired by Vox Energy Solutions, Western Pennsylvania's only full-service renewable energy solutions provider, for various marketing related initiatives. Virtual Edge Collaborative's first assignments will include the development and creation of a marketing plan, new logo and identity system, website and the company's first Facebook page. Services provided by Virtual Edge Collaborative to complete these projects will encompass consultation, strategy, project management, creative direction, design, programming, organic search engine optimization and printing.
• Elliott Group, a global leader in rotating equipment design, manufacture and service, has won a contract to supply 16 compressor trains for the Habshan 5 Process Plant, a part of Abu Dhabi Gas Industries integrated gas development project in Ruwais, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. The contract was awarded by JGC Corporation and its venture partner Tecnimont, the engineering procurement contractors for the new processing plant. The Habshan 5 project is a government initiative to help to meet growing demand for gas resources within the UAE. The project includes a gas processing plant, a sulphur recovery unit, and a natural gas liquids recovery unit. Elliott will provide sixteen compressor trains for the gas processing unit, with a variety of fixed speed and variable speed motor drives, as well as steam turbine drives, for seven different services.
WVS Financial Corp. declared a regular $0.16 cash dividend on its common stock, payable Aug. 26, 2010 to stockholders of record Aug. 16, 2010.
First Published August 11, 2010 12:00 am